PDA

View Full Version : Question Anyone got their Tiguan Match in 2010 yet?

Boogieshoes
19-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Hi people,

I am new to the forum. Having lived with VWs for years I ordered a Tiguan Match a while ago (August). Still no delivery slot.... probably because I added spec. It will be my first Diesel VW too.

Having now discussed further with others, I am concerned about a few things;

1). What delivery times have other Match owners (if any) had?

2). Bluetooth on old models seems a thorn in VW's side, did you get the new HFP Bluetooth and does it work?

3). Allegedly there is an HDI Diesel in the offing.....?

I am hoping for some answers here as currently I am considering cancelling the order due to VWs very poor customer service and communications with their dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Boogieshoes
23-10-2010, 09:32 PM
29 readers, and no replies.... says a bit.

Will Call VW on Monday, seems like VW are a dead loss to me.

Phil

forest2107
24-10-2010, 07:59 PM
it is not the dealers fault. VW installed a new computer system in all uk dealerships in July, the computer system works on an allocation system ie a if a dealer is only allowed to sell 30 Tiguans in 2010 and they had sold their allocation before the old system was switched off, they would not be allowed any further Tiguans for the rest of the year. I have checked with a few local dealers and it seems that they have all ran out of build slots till next year. i ordered mine in july and i now have a build slot of week 3 2011. It seems that VW did not inform their dealers this would happen. I wouls stick with your order and wait till your car comes

Boogieshoes
25-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. I called the dealer today, no slot, dealer supposed to be calling me back with due date. Given Puss_tigs comments in a sperate post saying they ordered in June and don't have a date until week 3 of January I think VW need to get with the beat and start communicating there is NO excuse for this kind of rubbish service and it doesn't warrant paying so much money for. We'll see what they come back with maybe tomorrow, I'm not holding my breath.

johnloaderuk
30-10-2010, 05:33 PM
A guy a work has a Tiguan Match. On a 60 reg plate so pretty new, they are being delivered.

Boogieshoes
31-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Thank you for the heads up John.

Discussions this end indicate 7-8 months for delivery.... I've had various reasons and because of that I don't feel I can believe any of them.

At present I think the car market is staying alive via company cars or pre-reg vehicles that the manufacturers are supporting to keep churn rates. This was sort of provenm by BMW when they tried to sell me a car saying how exclusive they are.... they are company rep cars these days and as dull as ditch water....

I can't see this get any better. IF I stick with it although I ordered in 10 plate the delivery is looking to be end of 60 plate, which may as well wait to 11. But is depends on the way the intervenining period is managed by VW and the dealer with me.

Phil

ERA
18-11-2010, 09:35 PM
See my reply to thred "Tiguan on Order" for my order problems. Thanks forest2107 for info on VW system.

Boogieshoes
19-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the post ERA. I've pretty much given up with this forum for replies or info on Tiguans. There is a load more on the MyTiguan site. From there you can see that VW will provide a car for you if you have one still on order after 16 weeks.

I was given a build slot of wk 48 only to be told 'don't think that will stand, be thinking more like March' after ordering back in first week of August.

I have stuck with VW for years.... no longer, the second car is not a VW sorry guys. I'm not keen on poor communication and follow up from VW. To be honest I am not that thrilled at the Tiguan anyway, it was at the time the most likely vehicle, but with press button brakes and chocolate wrapper foil wiring and all the rest its no better than anything else.

A car is just a boring box for getting form A to B, it gives me no thrill to buy or own one and put commission in peoples pockets when they can't be bothered to communicate, it just gives me greif and bills.

If any admin wishes to delete my login, go ahead.

sixgixx
01-12-2010, 07:26 PM
i had the new computer system excuse. but they have stuck by the excuse of no dsg boxes available!
they said something like....due to the recession and all the people that have been laid off, there is no one building dsg boxes!

my comment to another thread:
spoke to dealer today, and they basically said they know nothing of a facelift model coming out. they can understand what i am saying about the range being facelifted, but at present nothing on the tig.

in relation to my order, they need to investigate if i will face a penalty in cancelling my order if i choose to. even though nothing has been built, they say as the order has been taken, that car will be built to my spec and delivered to them. im sorry, but thats balls.

also, even if my car gets built in march and a facelift came out in feb, i would still receive the pre-facelift because that is what i ordered, they wont give me the new version or the option of choosing the new version.

i really wished i looked into all this before i ordered this car.

Rob O
08-12-2010, 11:34 AM
My wife ordered a Tiguan Match on 13th October and all the information I can get is that VW has accepted the order, but the dealer has had no delivery date. There are dozens of postings about the lack of information and delivery dates on www.mytiguan.com (http://www.mytiguan.com) .

There are also postings about the anticipated facelift which, allegedly, is due in autumn 2011.

gm24659417
20-12-2010, 11:09 PM
I ordered a tiguan at the end of Nov but my dealer had used all their quota for 2010 and placed an order for three for March 2011 of which they haave changed one of them to my spec. I receive regular updates from my dealer about progress however I don't think I wil get it in March some how.

Apparently VW and other German car manufacturers are giving prioroity to other counties where teh euro is stronger against their currently thus making more profit, there was an article in the times about 4 weeks ago on the subject.

I can only wait and se what happens. There is one advantage in that the VAT rate has been fixed at 17.5% a nd got a good price for my car too.

Regards
Graeme

Rob O
21-12-2010, 02:16 PM
You are doing better than us. Ordered October and still no indication from dealer when it is likely to arrive. All I could get out of him was a comment that at least we will get the latest registration - however, he didn't stipulate whether he meant an 11 or 61 reg !!