PDA

View Full Version : Audi A2 1.4 TDI key fob

mcdermott_c
18-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi

I have an Audi A2 1.4 TDI (51 plate) and have two working key transponders. Although the work fine they are battered and bruised and chewed (1 year son). My question is - is it possible to buy a blank key transponder off ebay and transfer the outer case so I dont have to get it reprogrammed as I understand it is very expensive. If so how hard a job is this and does anyone have a step by step guide to show me hwo to do it

Many thanks in advance

chris

Eshrules
18-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Hi

I have an Audi A2 1.4 TDI (51 plate) and have two working key transponders. Although the work fine they are battered and bruised and chewed (1 year son). My question is - is it possible to buy a blank key transponder off ebay and transfer the outer case so I dont have to get it reprogrammed as I understand it is very expensive. If so how hard a job is this and does anyone have a step by step guide to show me hwo to do it

Many thanks in advance

chris

if all you're after doing is simply replacing the outer casing, i cannot see why this should be a problem.

it might actually be cheaper to give your dealer a ring and ask them for a quote on just the outer casing, i dont know if they do just these on their own, but shouldnt be a problem.

im not sure how you would go about doing this, but great care has to be taken so as to avoid damaging the crucial transponder crystal contained within the fob.:beerchug: