PDA

View Full Version : Panoramic Sunroof - feedback please?

Drifty
18-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi

I've pretty much finalised my new Passat CC spec (White 170 GT) - but I'm torn on whether to go for the sunroof..

On the white cars it looks great from the outside, but I've had mixed results with sunroofs on other cars and nearly always ended up with additional rattles/noise as a result.

For you guys who do have one, are you happy with your decision? or are there any niggles? (big or small)

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thx - D

alanwmcc
18-10-2010, 03:40 PM
My car is Deep Black.Hence the sunroof disappears from outside. This wouldnt be the case with a white car. Have to say i think it doesnt look right on light cars. As im sure you know it barely opens and as it is very heavily tinted it doesnt let in a huge amount of light. No wind noise or lord forbid leaking mind. There are lots of other options i would spend the money on. What is your extra spec?

Drifty
18-10-2010, 04:19 PM
As it stands....170 GT in Candy White;

18" Daytona
DVD Nav 510 (not with the Dynasound option)
MDI Interface
Folding Mirrors
Ambient Light pack
Xenons
Park Assist/Front and Rear Sensors
Heated Windscreen
and exterior badge deletion (never liked model badges on cars)

alanwmcc
18-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Sounds great. The Candy white looks amazing in photos ive seen. Personally i would swap the sunroof for the uprated hi fi . Ive got RCD 510 in mine. Pretty disapppointing sound, to the degree i feel there must be something wrong with it. The RNS unit has very little to do with the RCD different manufacturers even.

Scooby-Doo
18-10-2010, 04:44 PM
18" Daytona

I thought I was the only one that specced these,thought long and hard about the Interlagos but they look like too much hard work to keep clean.

Drifty
18-10-2010, 04:53 PM
I thought I was the only one that specced these,thought long and hard about the Interlagos but they look like too much hard work to keep clean.

Originally I was happy with the Interlagos - but my wife reminded me about all my cussing and sore hands when I used to have a BMW a while back with 18" MV spokes :biglaugh:. My wife picked the Daytonas out and on my company lease scheme they are pretty cheap and didn't dent the lease cost too much.

So win-win if the missus likes them too.

gamichea
19-10-2010, 01:48 PM
......thought long and hard about the Interlagos but they look like too much hard work to keep clean.

They are a bit but not so bad with a good coating of high gloss wheel sealant to make the muck relatively easy to flush off. That said I've bought a set of simple five spoke wheels for winter tyres.

I've seen one or two CCs with 18" Daytonas and have to say they look better in the flesh than I imagined they would.

Canesguy
24-10-2010, 10:45 PM
The panoramic sunroof looks awesome and the tilt works great. I'm very disappointed though that it doesn't slide open :(.

rmccardal
25-10-2010, 07:10 PM
I stuck it on mine for a giggle ... Get a rear electric blind too ;-)