PDA

View Full Version : activate towbar wiring

spikelspouse
17-10-2010, 01:58 PM
I recently have had a tow bar fitted with the oe spec electrics what plug into the can bus. The lights on the trailer borad work ok, however the parking sensors continue to work when the trailer is on. I have tried to activate the trailer system by using a vag com and launch x431 machine without sucess. My car is a A4 tdi avant s line 2006.

Any help would be gratefull

many thanks

VAGMAN54
17-10-2010, 04:26 PM
try parking aid and activate it in there its also on the ross tech website.................

spikelspouse
19-10-2010, 09:21 PM
i have tried this, it works on older models but not for 2005 onwards. For some reason i can only enter some of the controls....i think i need different software

rocksing
11-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Best to leave this kind of job to a qualified electrician but you need to pull a live wire of the fuse box if there is wiring already there try putting fuses in where there are non and see if you get a live that way.

spikelspouse
13-11-2010, 05:41 PM
thanks for the reply...but i already have all the trailer lights working as i have used the towing control unit which i have had to break into the can bus system, Every thing is wired correct i just need to activate the syastem through the computer.

spikelspouse
11-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Managed to get this activated in the end. I had to buy a vag com version 10.6, the earlier versions did not work. But all good now. Bought mine off ebay for £65.
The procedure is found here
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Trailer_Hitch_Retrofitting_%288E%29

Thanks for the help from other members.