PDA

View Full Version : My Golf V5

onearmedbandit
18-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Hello everyone, I have a 2001 Golf V5 Auto (170bhp) which I've owned for 18 months. It was like a dream come true when I first bought it cos I'd been looking for a decent auto since I passed my test 10 years ago, I'm a disabled driver (guess how by my username!!). :1zhelp: I've had a couple of problems with it since Christmas, one I've solved (new steering rack being fitted today) the other is still a semi mistery!:confused: - It won't go into reverse when the engine is cold! It goes in to the slot physically and the dash tells you it's in reverse but it doesn't move, the engine just ticks over as if it's in neutral! Once the engine is warm by either going for a run or letting it tick over in thr drive - it's fine. I've asked the mechanic today to check trhe gearbox levels but he didn't seem too sure (he aint the sharpest tool in the box!):Blush2: I'd be really gratefull to hear any idea's:beerchug:

Sam
18-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Welcome aboard.

Here's some, albeit Passat related, info on the autobox.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7626

I can find a lot more (still Passat though :( ) should you need it. I think its a fairly complex procedure for the DIY mechanic

RickT
31-08-2007, 10:12 AM
A bit of a late welcome... but better late than never!!

Hello and Welcome to the forum!

RickT