PDA

View Full Version : Brake warning light staying on? Audi A4 2.7d 2008

devaney
17-10-2010, 08:58 AM
I recently had new brake pads fitted to my 2008 Audi A4 2.7d and the brake warning light continues to stay on.

Kwik Fit did the work. I have always found our local branch to be very helpful and reliable.

The pads they used did not come with replacement sensors so they simply plugged the original sensors into the new pads. I was of the impression that the warning light would reset automatically when the pads are renewed. Is this incorrect and if so what do I need to do to reset the warning light.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

ScottyUK
17-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Have you actually seen that they're connected ... rather than them just saying they would? :(

I don't know about the B8 but my B6 light went on/off instantly (and on/off/on/off due to the sensor wire shorting!!)

devaney
17-10-2010, 02:27 PM
No I didn't see them connect the sensor and I haven't checked that it is connected.

Presuming they have connected the sensor as they say they have should the warning light go out automatically or do I need to do something to reset it?

B8 TDI
18-10-2010, 02:02 PM
The warning light should not take any time to go out, if it's on the sensors are porbably not connected/ lying in bin somewhere.