PDA

View Full Version : NEW Diagnostic Software (free)

BenjaminM
15-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi,

we are developping a new diagnostic software for volkswagen, audi, seat, skoda. Since we want to improve our software, we would be happy about some feedback.
The free software supports all trouble codes in plain text and can be used with kkl-interfaces.
It can be downloaded at <link removed>

regards,
Benjamin

Eshrules
15-10-2010, 08:22 PM
the free version is severely limited, so much so that it's less functional than the trial version of rosstech's Vagcom/VCDS

can you explain what sets your software apart from VCDS please bud?

martin1810
15-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Is this not just an attempt to get free advertising. Seems to me you have to pay if you want it to work. Why bring out a new product that only works on 5 year old cars.

BenjaminM
15-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi,

unlike VCDS, Carport supports ALL trouble codes in the free edition. Furthermore, you can use Carport with KKL-Interfaces also for older ECUs, which dont work using VCDS + KKL-Interface.
Our main focus is good usability, for example we are the first manufacturer who can offer zero configuration interface detection plus we were able to offer a 5x faster ecu scan with kkl-interfaces.

regards,
Benjamin

Eshrules
15-10-2010, 09:38 PM
the issue for me, is that you're trying to break into what is a massively competitive market, with companies that have been established for years.

If I thought the 'trial' being offered were of any benefit to our members, I'd leave it here for all to see, but I honestly think this is simply a PR stunt for a cheap VCDS imitation - it's not even compatible with modern vehicles.

If you wish to advertise your software, please contact Stuart, the site owner, to discuss advertising packages.