PDA

View Full Version : vibrations

monkgti
14-10-2010, 01:18 AM
well folks, ive had a problem with the car for some time now, theres a vibrating thats coming through the steering wheel and can even be felt through the floor slightly, i didnt mind it before because i thought it was the balancing out as the tyres were well worn and i thought as soon as i got new ones it would be grand, so few weeks ago i got a new set of 18's with new tyres, put them on the car and the vibrating was still there, i checked everything in the front of the car cant find anything gone or loose, i only replaced a cv and suspension arm a few weeks ago and there was nothing else needed replacing. I chanced getting the wheels balanced in a different tyre shop and got the tracking done but still no difference, its really annoying now because i cant find what it is :aargh4:
Has anyone else had any problems like this? any advice much appreciated :1zhelp:

yugo
14-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi there.. if the vibration is at idle, could be motor and tranny mounts, if its whwn you´re at movement could be other things.. i read somewhere that some aftermarket cv´s will do that.. did you replace the cv for a oem one ? the vibration happens at any speed?

monkgti
14-10-2010, 11:37 AM
just when the cars moving, usually just starts doing it when it gets up to around 50-60mph... i replaced the cv with one from ebay, but the vibrations were in it before doin that aswell though... but one thing i have noticed is that if i go over rough ground the car vibrates quite a lot like as if the suspension isnt soaking up the bumps as they should, not a rattling like anything gone but just not damping the road as they should and if im going around a bend on rough patch of road it feels as if the car isnt gripping as it should, like the wheels are not sticking to the road (its very hard to explain it in words) but ive checked all shocks and there is no leak whatsoever in any of them, so could they just be worn, and would they have anything to do with the vibrations while driving at 50-60 on a smooth road??

monkgti
15-10-2010, 08:00 PM
any other ideas :confused:

yaman
16-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Have a close look at the rear bushes, and while your down there,
anything else that might be vibrating against the floor.

Regards
Jim