PDA

View Full Version : EGR Valve

joegadney
13-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Could anyone send me a picture, (and/or), intructions how to find the EGR valve please.
Lost power this morning and the car went into ''safe mode'', or whatever you call it, and I've been heard that the EGR valve could be blocked up?

Alan02
13-10-2010, 08:17 PM
It could be a number of things. You really need a code read or else your going to mess with things that aren`t broke.

joegadney
13-10-2010, 09:05 PM
I know, problem is, I'm out of work at the mo and it costs 50 quid min just to get a garage to plug it in.
I do that and I can't eat for the week!!

patrickhorton
13-10-2010, 10:03 PM
You haven't said what engine you have. Petrol or diesel 140 /170 bhp etc.

Someone will photo there car for you no doubt if you say which one.

Regarding limp mode, I'd be surprised if it was due to EGR without any hint of something going wrong before hand. Does the limp mode go away after turning off and restarting?

joegadney
14-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Sorry, tis a diesel, 140 hp. More probs this morning, noise coming from what I think is the turbo and lots of black smoke when the turbo kicks in kicks in. Also, the turbo doesn't kick in till over 2500 revs. It didn't go into limp mode today either, or yesterday on my way home from work, in fact there was no problems with the car on my way home, only seems to be in the morning.

nevo
14-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Put your location,someone may sort you out with a scan,doesn't sound good though.

joegadney
14-10-2010, 06:19 PM
That'd be great, I'm in Cork though, Ireland.
Had to get a tow home today anyway, and they said the turbo's knackered, could just need cleaning out, but probably a replacement. I'm in trouble now.:mad: