PDA

View Full Version : Please Help High Tick over

philip44barker
11-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Can anybody help ?,I have a problem with erratic tickover ( Up to 1500 rpm ) on my 2004 A4 1.8T quattro,the garage i have used managed to retrieve a fault code of P0507 -" idle control system higher than expected- upper limit reached" they also say that their are no air leaks and it could be down to other 3 problems all of which wiil be fairly costly but they don't where to start as they don't want to charge me unnecessarily....would my main dealer be any better ? any clues please :zx11:

blackpool1974
11-10-2010, 08:22 PM
do a search on crankcase breather valve

or

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=96226&highlight=crankcase+breather+valve

Question.
1. does your car jerk at idle
2. when your engine is running can you undo the oil cap
3. at the back of the engine near the bulkhead, you have a UFO shaped piece of plastic called PRV (Pressure Recirculating Valve) is it hissing

if the answers are yes,no,yes then you need a new crankcase breather valve about £10 tops. labour might be a bugger but if you like a challenge, a nice easy fix for you

kipperano
20-10-2010, 10:35 PM
do a search on crankcase breather valve

or

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=96226&highlight=crankcase+breather+valve

Question.
1. does your car jerk at idle
2. when your engine is running can you undo the oil cap
3. at the back of the engine near the bulkhead, you have a UFO shaped piece of plastic called PRV (Pressure Recirculating Valve) is it hissing

if the answers are yes,no,yes then you need a new crankcase breather valve about £10 tops. labour might be a bugger but if you like a challenge, a nice easy fix for you
Thanks,,has taken me 2 miniutes to get my answer,was going to go to garage tomorrow,,no need to now,,away to source PRV,,thenks,,,kipperano

kipperano
24-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks the the info, £24 for a new valve, part no. 06A129101D fitted in 5 mins and 225 smooth horses ticking over nicely again.

slackboy
23-11-2010, 10:02 AM
I've had the same problem recently (cost a bit more to get diagnosed - wish I'd read the forum first).

Once the garage replaced the valve everything seemed to be ok for about two weeks, however suddenly the car started misfiring again but only shows a fault code for mis-firing on cylinder three.

I didn't have the PRV replaced along with the breather valve. Does anyone know if this could be causing my problems?

If so is it an easy DIY?

Thanks.

blackpool1974
23-11-2010, 10:06 AM
If it says coil 3 specifically swop the coil around and then if it moves the fault then replace the coil £25

slackboy
23-11-2010, 08:39 PM
took it in to the garage today, apparently the coil pack was in two pieces when they took it out. I guess that's what caused my problem.