PDA

View Full Version : Question Paint Spots

Axios
11-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Some how and some time after i bought my car someone got white paint spots all over the bonnet and offside wing.
The white spots are only a couple of mm but starting to really pee me off now.

Does any one have any idea how to remove theses paint spots with out damaging the car part?

I've tried T-cut and that did not help. I'm out of ideas. :)

willwad82
11-10-2010, 10:59 AM
could try machine polishing. can you feel if they are raised with your nail. also could try turps on a cloth but test it on a part of your car that you dont see to make sure it ok with your paint. Anything worth a try as for t cut its about as much use as a chocolate fire guard try proper polish.

Axios
11-10-2010, 11:05 AM
could try machine polishing. can you feel if they are raised with your nail. also could try turps on a cloth but test it on a part of your car that you dont see to make sure it ok with your paint. Anything worth a try as for t cut its about as much use as a chocolate fire guard try proper polish.

Yeah they are raised. You can see it with the naked eye or buy running your fingers over.
I was told to try turps or G3?
I was to paranoid to try turps. Not sure where to get G3 from.

I'll try and find someone with a machine polisher.

JimWD
13-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Before you go digging with a machine polisher, try a medium coarse clay bar.

I had an A4 that was covered in the white line paint from a freshly laid road surface; took forever to shift, but, a claybar did the trick (you will want to polish the car (not T-cut, please) after a clay session so it might be worth spending the day on it))

belfastmark
17-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi
I remember doing a car once and it was covered from top to bottom with white spots which i believe were caused by driving past someone who was painting white lines on the road. I am presuming that yours are caused by some sort of paint.
What I done was to do the car from top to bottom with AutoGlym tar and glue remover. Just put a drop on a microfibre cloth and rub.
Once all the " Paintspots" are removed, give the car a good wash and a coat of wax. I would say Autoglym Super Resin Polish should do the trick.
It may look terrible, but it is easy to retctify.
Good luck !

Axios
18-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Hi
I remember doing a car once and it was covered from top to bottom with white spots which i believe were caused by driving past someone who was painting white lines on the road. I am presuming that yours are caused by some sort of paint.
What I done was to do the car from top to bottom with AutoGlym tar and glue remover. Just put a drop on a microfibre cloth and rub.
Once all the " Paintspots" are removed, give the car a good wash and a coat of wax. I would say Autoglym Super Resin Polish should do the trick.
It may look terrible, but it is easy to retctify.
Good luck !

Task this weekend is clay bar, Tar and glue remover and a good polish.

I'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks.

belfastmark
19-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi
I would be tempted to use the tar and glue first, then give it a good wash and then clay and polish.

Axios
25-10-2010, 10:38 AM
due to bad weather and only doing a small portion of work to the car and boat, i was only able to wash the car and give it a quick clay.
half way through claying the bonnect i noticed the spots was coming off.
so i finished off the rest of the car and came back to the bonnect and wing. the clay removed all the paint spots.

thanks for the help all. audrey is now spot free. :D