PDA

View Full Version : Rear door lock probs.

burnleywhite
10-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Found a few posts here about this prob, but just need a bit of advice. The rear n/side door lock doesn't respond to the remote. I have had to leave it manually locked. The problem seems to be a wiring fault, corrosion, but would it be the wiring in the door itself or elsewhere. I'm not mechanically minded, esp with electrics, but I'm also out of work and will have to sort it myself.

Cheers.

martin1810
10-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Wiring varies depending on if you have rear electric windows or not. Have you got rear electric windows. Obvious place to look first is where wires run from B post into door. Look for damaged wire/connector.

burnleywhite
10-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks for that, sorry , yes I have electric windows all round (except for front passenger door that just screams and grinds if I try to operate it), so I'll check that out asap. Cheers.

martin1810
10-10-2010, 12:32 PM
If the window works the door module should have power. The CCM under the passenger seat tells the door module what to do, so check there first to make sure the wires are ok.

burnleywhite
10-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks for that, I was blaming my lad because he slams the door so hard...looks like I may have to apologise to him.

burnleywhite
11-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Erm...what does the CCM look like and is it easily accessible? Felt around for it last night and noticed the carpet under the passenger seat was damp, owt to do with it perhaps?

martin1810
11-10-2010, 08:41 PM
In front of the seat under the carpet, rectangular plastic box with ccm inside. You will need to get the sill covers off to move the carpet enough to have a good look. If you do a search on here you will find lots of info.

burnleywhite
11-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for that. If it's like most things on the Passat (a car that I really rate) it'll be a pig to get to. :D