PDA

View Full Version : Door Light/Courtesy Light/Headlight On Alarm

susanclark1
09-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I have a June 2001 Fabia. Generally pleased with the car although there have been many problems. However, I am extremely frustrated with the current "issue" - should I leave the headlights on and then open the driver's door, the alarm does not sound. Also, the red door light does not seem to work nor does (more often than not) the interior courtesy light come on when they should be activated by/on the driver's door.

Extremely frustrating but I can't find any form of "pin" which may be sticking on the driver's door frame aperture and when I've spoken to a couple of garages, it seems this may be an electrical wiring problem. Slightly scared to take off the entire door seal in case I reposition incorrectly and then no longer have a watertight seal.

I'm not technical but have a logical head on my shoulders so should be able to tackle most things.

Does anyone please have any idea where I should begin in my quest to get this problem fixed? Thank you

A4 Lad
09-10-2010, 11:32 PM
I would say if the wiring up to the door mech is ok, it will need the door mech replaced as thats where the micro switch lives. Check the wiring where your door meets the body, in the rubber or take of the panel and make sure the clip has not released from the wires and made the wires rub through from being in contact with the window. Guessing I would say mech though