PDA

View Full Version : Question induction kit or panel

bishop21
07-10-2010, 10:30 PM
i would like to buy an upgrade to my air intake, i have a k&n filter on my other car and i like the grunt it gives but havent got a clue what to do on my a3. panel filters are popular but do you get the same grunt as a cone??? and has anyone done a forced induction kit???

Crasher
07-10-2010, 11:23 PM
No question, panel.

bishop21
08-10-2010, 09:51 AM
really?! ive been told i wont the the same grunt as an induction? whats your reasons for a panel lol!?

Crasher
08-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Induction kits sound pants and bugger up the Air Mass Meter and lose power in certain weather conditions due to drawing in hot air which is less dense so contains less oxygen and therefore gives a smaller bang. Those that recommend induction kits are either those who sell them or those that don’t know better. In certain circumstances and induction kit will improve air flow. Many years ago I did a test with a manufacturer of induction kits and some of the cars on the dyno that day showed impressive gains. I took along a Golf 3 VR6 that my business partner ran at the time. On a standard paper filter it showed 170BHP, on a K&N panel it was 174 and with the new super duper induction kit which was very expensive, it gave 156BHP-RESULT!

bishop21
08-10-2010, 10:21 PM
ok thanks mate thank makes alot of sense lol. it is quite clear now. i had a friend says that they are mainly for track use only?! thanks for your reply tho!