PDA

View Full Version : Passat cc with toddlers??

AmarB
07-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi All

I am currently driving an 09 Mondeo - which to be fair has been great to drive and masses of space for the family - but quite frankly after driving Fords for a good few years, I am bored of them and want something German.

Been looking at the CC - looks great, inside and out - and from what I read, most people are completely happy with theirs.

My only slight reservation is whether it can stand up to being a "Family car" with 2 kids. We tend to travel quite a bit up and down the country and so a car that is able to carry luggage, pushchairs, travel cots, boxes of nappies (!) etc etc is fairly essential. I dont want an MPV, and have set my heart on getting a CC - I have looked at the Audi A4 Avant but understand the boot space in the CC is actually bigger - and to be honest, I have a preference for the CC. Anyone with 2 kids and use their CC as the main (and only) car for frequent travels and luggage etc to go with it?

benway
07-10-2010, 08:26 PM
If mine every gets delivered I'll let you know, 4 year old and 2 week old.

Cheers

Mark

m3-fast
07-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi All

I am currently driving an 09 Mondeo - which to be fair has been great to drive and masses of space for the family - but quite frankly after driving Fords for a good few years, I am bored of them and want something German.

Been looking at the CC - looks great, inside and out - and from what I read, most people are completely happy with theirs.

My only slight reservation is whether it can stand up to being a "Family car" with 2 kids. We tend to travel quite a bit up and down the country and so a car that is able to carry luggage, pushchairs, travel cots, boxes of nappies (!) etc etc is fairly essential. I dont want an MPV, and have set my heart on getting a CC - I have looked at the Audi A4 Avant but understand the boot space in the CC is actually bigger - and to be honest, I have a preference for the CC. Anyone with 2 kids and use their CC as the main (and only) car for frequent travels and luggage etc to go with it?

We have only taken delivery of ours this week but have a 18 month old toddler and I also have an 11 yr old lad. The leg room in the back of the car is quite amazing actually and will be FAR more than an A4 (I had one of these a few cars ago and rear leg room was poor IMO).

The boot of the Passat is massive, even bigger than the 2008 C5 we traded for it. It has swallowed up the usual pushchair and gubbins that you carry around with kids lol

We have done about 200 miles in it and am very impressed with build quality and drive etc. I drive a BMW on a daily basis and the build quality of the Passat surpasses it. The missus opted for a manual whereas I would have gone the DSG route. The GT spec gives bluetooth, leather, parking sensors, heated seats, nav, etc - most of these will be expensive options on the Audi at a guess?

We have taken the CC on a 2 yr lease with the intention of it becoming our main family car and first impressions are showing that we wont be disappointed.

fluxboi
09-10-2010, 08:27 AM
We only have one 3 year old, but have never had a problem. His pushchair goes in length ways, along with the various other child related gubbins that we take everywhere and there's still room for a week's shopping.