PDA

View Full Version : Question Low speed DSG Vibration... Normal?

Mackey444
06-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi Guys,

2 weeks ago I purchased an 04 Audi A3 3.2 Q Sport DSG, black with red leather. 44,000 miles

Loving the car, but a slight niggle has me worried.

I have already been left at the roadside once with a failed coil pack last week....
But ever since I got it, I have noticed at low "creep" speeds, you can feel a slight vibration, feels like when you are on the biting point in a manual with not quite enough revs. Its most noticeable if you are half on the brake, but still allowing the car to creep in D. It can also be quite hard to pull away smoothly. I have tried accelerating in 6th gear from about 30 mph with no hesitation, so I dont think it is the clutch.

If this behaviour normal as I know DSG is more like a manual than traditional Auto. My previous BMW was a normal auto so used to silky / slushy movement. I still drive manuals regularly so its not that I have lost the ability drive.

I just get nervous about this sort of thing, having previously owned a Golf V5 I know the VAG reputation for reliability is not always deserved, fingers crossed this one is different though (my 11 year old BM was almost faultless for 2.5 years).

One other thing, the cigarette lighter, or whatever should be in the hole is missing. Is there anywhere I can buy just a plastic insert to go in here?

Thanks