PDA

View Full Version : B6 A4 2.4 V6 Multitronic - Shudder

will_kdy
05-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi all, names Will, I've been an Audi driver for 6 years, I recently bought an A4 2.4 V6 Multitronic (2002), its a great car with full leather etc I bought it after someone writing off my B6 TDI which I had for 6 years, there is 1 problem, at 1.2k rpm upto around 2k theres a vibration like a misfire but the plugs and leads have been changed, its worse when coming down the box especially coming down below 15mph, I have asked several mechanics but they don't know what it could be, has anyone ever experienced problems with this? Thanks in advance Will :1zhelp:

yaman
06-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Hi Will,

Someone needs to do a fault scan on your car to
try and narrow it down a bit.

Hope, for your sake, its engine related and not the
infamous Multi-Chronic box.

Regards
Jim

SAJ4D
07-10-2010, 11:10 PM
I hope your feeling flush because this could get costly!!! Sorry , but after experiencing the dreaded judder earlier this year I know what could be in store for you and it ain't pretty.
If you google 'multitronic nightmare' you will see what I mean.

The general consensus seems to be that this could be remedied with a 7 plate clutch upgrade, but it all depends on how far advanced your multichronic disease is.
Inde-tech in milton keynes is a garage that pops up time and again in discussions and I have yet to hear a bad word against them, but oh sh*t your in fife!!

For now, as above I would get faults scanned to see if its something else, I do hope for your sake this is a cheap and easy fix.

will_kdy
24-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi all, Firstly thanks for the replies. After a fault scan which turned up nothing I decided to sell the car through my local auction house as dont have the money or patience for messing around. Lost a bit of money but I believe it was a mechanic that bought the car so I wish him all the best.
On the upside though Ive decided to bite the bullet and buy an A5 3.0 TDI, would like an auto but lost all confidence after this recent buy so think ITS BETTER TO BUY MANUAL, but would like some input? Cheers

yaman
24-10-2010, 09:57 PM
You will sleep a bit better now Will, hope the new owner/mechanic
works in the garage at Lourdes :)

Enjoy the A5, should be fine.

Regards
Jim