PDA

View Full Version : Golf MK4/Bora- Lowering (anti-roll bar and driveshaft touching)

teccyjim
16-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi to all,

From experience, can someone tell me how low the Golf MK4/Bora can go without the front anti-roll bar and driveshafts touching? Ive heard its a common occurence if too great a drop is chosen. Do other factors have an effect on this issue such as wheel size???

All help always appreciated. :beerchug:

Jimbo

Lord Nelson
18-06-2007, 08:42 AM
I have had my Bora lowered 40mm on new springs and dampers (see my pics) and i have the trouble of the ARB and Driveshaft touching....I have padded the ARB until i can afford a moddified ARM. I have 18" wheels....But...My mate has 19's on his Golf Mk4 and also lowered 40mm, but he does not have this problem....assuming the set-up is the same, im guessing the reason he doesnt have the problem is because his wheels are bigger....but only a guess!
:beerchug:

Rob_k
18-06-2007, 02:48 PM
its roughly 35mm mate (more on 19's) a new arb needs to be fitted to solve this issue. awesome gti sell them and there made by eibach iirc

Stevef.
23-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi , Wheel size wont make a difference to the roll bar fouling as it shouldnt effect the suspension geometry ,but when you put a kit on it may not drop it by the exact amount specified, a 40 mm kit could probably lower the car anything between 35-45 mm this could explain why the lad with the bora and his mates golf had a different result.;)