PDA

View Full Version : It's arrived! Island Grey GT 2.0tdi 140

m3-fast
04-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Taken delivery of our Island Grey CC today - it's a GT model with truffle leather and I must say that the car looks stunning!! I have only driven the delivery driver back to the station in it but the feel of the car on the road and the quality of the interior is exceptional

I have attached a quick picture off my iphone - will try and add some more later :D

m3-fast
04-10-2010, 04:11 PM
few more pics added of the truffle leather interior......

erisaman
04-10-2010, 04:31 PM
That Island Grey has a certain 'class' appeal to it. Very nice combo, congrats.

skyliner1232002
04-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Looks great, I have the same model and colour on order but with black interior(no where near delivery though :() . What bluetooth/ headunit do you have then?

Skyliner1232002

Scooby-Doo
04-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Very smart combination,Island Grey suits the CC really well.What are your first impressions and what did you have before ??

m3-fast
04-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Been out tonight and done about 50ish miles. The car really is excellent! Drives fanastic and feels 'quality'

It came with the rns310 stereo but the Bluetooth is fully integrated and paired up with the wife's Sony w995 and my iphone perfectly, transferring phonebooks without any hassle at all.

Already fitted my chrome tailpipes (huge improvement) and Having a removable fitted on Thursday. Contemplating a tuning box to up the bhp to the 175-180 mark also :)

cc170gt
04-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Where did you source chrome tailpipes from? Any pics of them on.

m3-fast
04-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Very smart combination,Island Grey suits the CC really well.What are your first impressions and what did you have before ??

First impressions are really great. The car drives superbly appears very well screwed together. It is actually for the miss us and it replaces a new shape Citroen C5 2.0 hdi VTR+. The c5 has been a great car and totally reliable but a little boring and it rolls too much on corners for my liking. I drive an E90 M3 so like performance and taut handling.

I got them off bay. £4.99 from china but really look the part. If you search for Passat CC appropriative muffler on eBay you will find em. Will post a pic tomorrow if I get chance but they defo finish off the rear end nicely. Can't see why vw put on twin pipes and then left them all dull and grey?

vwparly
04-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Hey M3 - that looks nice.

I have just been told that the standard black i chose isnt being made anymore and i have to choose something else. I was going to just go with the met black, but seeing your pics i may just go for the Island Grey.

I may even waver on the black leather i have on order!

Given the length of time i am being quoted before they even start making it - i have a bit of time to contemplate!:confused:

m3-fast
05-10-2010, 09:39 AM

I have started a new thread regarding this 'mod' ;)

thax1
06-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Looks great, the Island Grey + Truffle was my back-up choice.

Just cleared 1200 miles in mine yesterday, so the reins are off.:D:D

I can report that Sport mode in the DSG is far more sensible that in my old Golf GTI, seems to only be 1 gear lower than 'normal' rather than 4!! Quite tolerable for back-road use when 'pressing-on' :)