PDA

View Full Version : Question Starting problem 2005 V6 TDI

mostin
03-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi,

Symptoms are: Starts normally when engine cold. When up to normal temp i.e. 90 degree water and roughly 90 oil temp and after either a 20 mile drive or 200 does the engine struggle to start when turned off. It turns over for about 1 second and then sounds like it is stuck, almost like there is too much compression or the battery is flat. If i turn the ignition off and then back on it starts. Anyone got any ideas. The battery voltage shows 14 ish volts when running if that might be a factor.

Also just as a side issue it has a very annoying rattle / buz sounds like a heat shield on the exhaust only makes the sound on tickover if you lightly tap the throttle or as if to pull away slowly. Anyone know where any shields are that may be causing the noise.

Many thanks for any help

Mostin

WipeOut
04-06-2015, 04:00 PM
I have exactly this on my 05 V6.. I know this thread is old but did you ever solve it?

c4a5er
15-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Assuming the battery and connections are good, starter motor failure is common on older V6 touaregs, symptoms are cranking speed ok when cold but slow or just clicks when hot.

WipeOut
15-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Assuming the battery and connections are good, starter motor failure is common on older V6 touaregs, symptoms are cranking speed ok when cold but slow or just clicks when hot.
symptoms sound right so probably a new starter on the cards. Thanks.

snapdragon
21-09-2015, 09:00 PM
This (on this engine) can also be caused by the injectors dripping/leaking onto the hot pistons and causing a vapour pressure of diesel which makes the engine hard to turn over + preignition/knock on start.