PDA

View Full Version : B8 3.0TDi - remaps?

scoobmw
02-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Anyone know if there is a remap available for the 2011 MY B8 3.0TDi out there? One that allows a remap via the OBD port rather than removing the box ?

theskyfox
15-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Hi, as far as I know there definately is. I emailed around a few local tuning companies and they all said the same thing...apparantly the 3.0TDi is a beast to remap...with increases up to 300Bhp not being uncommon. I got quoted on average around £450-500 for it. Its worth googling, the companies are pretty easy to find. Just beware of increases in insurance etc first..but otherwise its fairy straight forwards.

-Andrew

Big Bird
15-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Blufin??

Big Bird
15-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Yep. here ypu go....

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?make=2&fueltype=2&model=22&variant=2069&year=2010

ExpertTuning
16-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Hi Scoobmw. Let me know where you are and I can certainly help with the remap. It is a straightforward job and the 3.0TDi is a great candidate for a real power boost well within limits of the engine's capabilities.

Website is www.experttuning.co.uk (http://www.experttuning.co.uk) for contact details.

Paul

ExpertTuning
17-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Hi Scoobmw

I replied to your private mail, but didn't get any confirmation of sending. Please drop me a reply just so I know I managed to get the requested details through to you.

Thanks

Paul

scoobmw
17-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Hi there, no, no PM's received sir.

Thanks.

scoobmw
17-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Hi, as far as I know there definately is. I emailed around a few local tuning companies and they all said the same thing...apparantly the 3.0TDi is a beast to remap...with increases up to 300Bhp not being uncommon. I got quoted on average around £450-500 for it. Its worth googling, the companies are pretty easy to find. Just beware of increases in insurance etc first..but otherwise its fairy straight forwards.

-Andrew
Hi there, aye I emailed a few having Googled. So far all have said the ECU on the 2011MY cars need remapped on the bench. But the posts below re bluffing and expertuning might be the answer. Thanks.

ExpertTuning
17-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Hi Scoobmw

Sorry, but I initially missed the fact this is a 2011 with protected ECU. That'll teach me to answer at midnight! Apologies for giving false hope on this one. It definitely needs to be a ECU removal or a plug-in device.

Paul

scoobmw
17-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Well I'm down to Superchips bluefin or bust then.

Thanks big bird for that link. Have emailed them.

Big Bird
17-10-2010, 08:03 PM
:beerchug:No problem- keep us updated.

scoobmw
17-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Big bird - aye will do.

One new option for the latest Audi A4 3.0TDi ECU's might be .....
http://www.revotechnik.com/index.php?mod=show_news&id_nws=48

Will see

perfekt_g
18-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Why don't you contact MTM? I can only recommend their upgrade and service level. The car is totally transformed and 300 hp and 600 nm is just as furious in real life as on paper :D

scoobmw
18-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Why don't you contact MTM? I can only recommend their upgrade and service level. The car is totally transformed and 300 hp and 600 nm is just as furious in real life as on paper :D
MTM can't remap via OBD though?
Much as I like the pic you're painting though :-)

perfekt_g
18-10-2010, 09:46 PM
They can but they wont... They remove the ECU and put it back in afterwards. As I understood they can not change the same things through OBD as when they program the ECU directly, which is why they choose to do it this way.

The upside to this is that Audi can not flash the ECU with an update and thereby deleting your tuning + the ECU does not count the tuning as a "flash".

What is the reason you prefer to have it tuned via OBD?

scoobmw
19-10-2010, 08:28 AM
They can but they wont... They remove the ECU and put it back in afterwards. As I understood they can not change the same things through OBD as when they program the ECU directly, which is why they choose to do it this way.

The upside to this is that Audi can not flash the ECU with an update and thereby deleting your tuning + the ECU does not count the tuning as a "flash".

What is the reason you prefer to have it tuned via OBD?

I thought the big thing about taking the ECU out is it's a more hassle and more changes in terms of the engine bay, so shear bolts have to be broken, seals and what have you, then the ECU count is increased aswell.
Interesting your comment about it not being a flash that way though - I thought the opposite, but happy to be wrong.

Wonder if any of the companies can actually prove all these things one way or another. It's crying out for a 'list' of who does what and who updates the flash counter etc.
Almost like a 'Flash your Audi FAQ' :-)
Perhaps I should start one.

So Audi overwrite your update each tme if it's done via OBD - didn't know that. I guess that's pretty obvious now that you mention it.

Flipside of that again - if Audi can't touch the map does that not mean the first thing a garage will say is - we can't flash this - you've been playing with it ?

perfekt_g
19-10-2010, 09:13 AM
I thought the big thing about taking the ECU out is it's a more hassle and more changes in terms of the engine bay, so shear bolts have to be broken, seals and what have you, then the ECU count is increased aswell.
Interesting your comment about it not being a flash that way though - I thought the opposite, but happy to be wrong.

Wonder if any of the companies can actually prove all these things one way or another. It's crying out for a 'list' of who does what and who updates the flash counter etc.
Almost like a 'Flash your Audi FAQ' :-)
Perhaps I should start one.

So Audi overwrite your update each tme if it's done via OBD - didn't know that. I guess that's pretty obvious now that you mention it.

Flipside of that again - if Audi can't touch the map does that not mean the first thing a garage will say is - we can't flash this - you've been playing with it ?

As the MTM dealer explained it, they still use the same ECU components (hardware) but it does not count as a flash - and Audi won't be able to flash the ECU when they do it this way. Anyway the main reason for them to do it this way is that they aparently can change some parameters that they can not change via OBD - which is one of the reason their power gains are higher than a lot of other tuners.

Granted Audi will know that you have been playing with it - but they will anyway, even if you uploade your original file via OBD before a service; all maximum measures are stored and in case of a failure/breake down my guess is that most dealers will say that 1. the flash count does not correspond with the times that Audi dealers have updated your cars software. 2. Maximum measures are not within factory parameters = your car have been tuned.

I believe that the main thing is to get a program that of cause gives you more power and a more involving driving experience, but still leaves you with a realiable and safe car. This is why I first had desided for an ABT upgrade but after ALOT of hours searching the web I ended up with MTM insteade.. And I can only say that 4.000 km in two weeks has left me sure that I made the right choise. The carasteristic of the engine is still the same - it just pulls harder at all rpm's and runs alot smooter.

scoobmw
19-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Good recommendation that. Will give it some thought and check out where they are based.