PDA

View Full Version : Latest VW Bluetooth in the Match?

Berisford
02-10-2010, 11:45 AM
My dealer is quite taken with the latest Bluetooth fitted to the Match, whilst it works fine for voice/phonebook/direct dialing etc I can't get the rSAP SMS facility on Blackberry's to work.

Anyone had any luck with connecting?

DW58
03-11-2010, 09:03 AM
I have the new Bluetooth on my Match - I have paired it with HTC620, Nokia N70 and Sony-Ericsson phones with no problems whasoever. All thee phones work with full connectivity, phone book etc.

At last VW seem to have installed a fully functional Bluetooth system.

Keithuk
03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Yes I've just seen the VW article on the new Bluetooth. ;)

Connect with Bluetooth (http://www.ownerwelcome.com/vww/golf/about_your_vw/technology/bluetooth.html)

smorg00
03-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Does this version of the Bluetooth actually come with Voice control? Would probably never use it but a nice gadget to have!

DW58
03-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Yes it does - mine functions perfectly with voice control via the RNS510, but I assume it'll be the same with the RCD510. It's just a case of pressing the voice control button (bottom button on the LHS of the MFSW) and start speaking.

e.g. A call using one of your presets is just two words away:

Press voice button → speak "Phone" → speak "Name of preset" → Bluetooth dials call.

smorg00
03-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I like the sound of that! Wonder if it will allow to stream ipod touch too...

DW58
03-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Sorry - can't help you on that, but it certainly plays the MP3 tracks on my HTC620 phone via the MDI's USB Cable and a mini-USB adaptor. The fact that the phone has media on it even shows up on the Bluetooth display on the MFD which has various icons for the Bluetooth connection including one to show the phone is media-enabled, and that's without connecting it via a media-cable.

No, I'm not on commission from VW - but so far I'm delighted. I had been led to believe the Bluetooth was useless from posts on this and other boards, so got a pleasant surprise when all three of the phones in use in my family paired and connected without a hiccup.

IMO VW have clearly addressed the Bluetooth issue with the set-up on Match models.

smorg00
03-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the info and glad your pleased with it. A friend of mine has a '09 Scirocco and all he can pair with the Bluetooth is an old Nokia.
How is the car in general?

DW58
03-11-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm delighted with it - as I posted elsewhere, my only gripe so far is lack of storage. Very pleased with the performance of the little 1.4TSI 122PS, amazing for its size. I hope you won't be disappointed, the Match is certainly a good package IMO.

smorg00
03-11-2010, 11:25 PM
I hope you won't be disappointed, the Match is certainly a good package IMO.

That's what I thought when I saw the spec of the Match. Plus all the reviews of the 1.4TSi 122 that I have read point towards it being a cracking little engine. I made the bold decision of going back to petrol mainly as I do not do the mileage I used to do any more. When I tell folk that I'm going from my 2ltr diesel bimmer to a 1.4 petrol I sometimes get funny looks...!

DW58
03-11-2010, 11:33 PM
I've gone from 150hp 2.0 to 122hp 1.4 and the 1.4 has by far the better performance. It's amazing for a 1400cc engine.