PDA

View Full Version : Radar detectors

Dozz
16-06-2007, 03:10 PM
OK having a serious think about one of these. Looking at a road angel plus. Anybody used one of these? or are there any better alternatives?

wullie_t25
16-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Recently drove a mates van with a tomtom sat nav, basically does the same thing but helps when ur lost. i couldnt believe the detail, all corners on the screen are fairly accurate, great for those B road sessions also the speed camera location where fine and that was on a journey from Glasgow to Leister and back!

Just my 2ps worth!

Dozz
16-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Does the tomtom one have an actual radar detector or does it just work on fixed locations

wullie_t25
16-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Does the tomtom one have an actual radar detector or does it just work on fixed locations

think its just fixed location, not sure? mite be worth a look tho!

ozz1e
16-06-2007, 09:41 PM
hi, iv'e got a road angel it works very well on fixed locations, BUT mobile vans it still doesn't see them.Somebody has told me that the police are trying to make them ilegal,

dessimpson
17-06-2007, 08:38 PM
I paid £200 for one a few years back but got so fed-up with it going off at traffic lights and automatic shop doors i stuck it in the glove box and gave it away when i sold my last car. Waste of money :mad:

I've got tomtom with all the camera's on it but only switch it on when i don't know where i'm going. Just aswell i drive like a granny :D:D

Ben
17-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I can only recommend www.microfuzion.co.uk (http://www.microfuzion.co.uk) as my bro got one and as a result so did my dad. it doesn't do maps but is is subscription free and gives you free updates for life.

ben