PDA

View Full Version : Sharan No Wipers at all.

ferrispedro
16-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi, I have lost everything on my Wiper Stalk.There is power getting to it but nothing works.Does anyone know which Relay is associated with the wipers? Thanks, Peter.:zx11:

boomboomer
17-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Are you sure it's the stalk? Most wiper problems on this vehicle are caused by the wiper arm pivots seizing up, due to the joints admitting water.

Have the wipers been getting slower for a while or did they just stop dead? If they stopped suddenly after working normally then if might be electrical - if it's been a gradual decline then it can be an expensive repair.

To free the joints remove the wiper arms, inject WD40 and wait awhile. You may then be able to free them with a bit of manual wiggling. I used to have to repeat this every six months to keep the wipers moving.

ferrispedro
17-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I am 99% certain it is the stalk.According to my wife who was driving the wipers came on all of a sudden and she couldn't get them to go off(I don't know how she did)She also said that prior to this she hit something with her knee?.None of the functions work,rear wipe/wash front wipers/wash.Thanks anyway, Peter.

ferrispedro
26-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Problem solved,it was a blown fuse! no 20 I think.Now the rear wipers wont go off!