PDA

View Full Version : Window Reset

gblades
30-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Anyone know how to reset the windows?

After they havent been used for a while (hour or so) when I press the button to make them go do they just drop a little and stop. I have to keep the button pressed to make them go down. Normally I can get them to go up automatically without problems but not always. After that they are fine for a while.
The passenger window works fine.

Alan02
01-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Push fully down on switch and hold down for a second after window stops. Pull-up on switch and hold for a second after window fully closed.

gblades
01-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks. I tried that but it didnt seem to help.
Afterwards the window would down fine on the 1st setting but when I push the button down fully the window stops when I let go. Only after playing for a while does it start working properly.
Strange as I would have thought it would have a problem when winding the window up if anything.

Maybe its a dodgy switch. Probably easier for me to replace the switch myself first before getting it looked at by a dealer.

Alan02
01-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Does the switch `feel` the same as the others, as in, can you identify the 2 positions the switch has? Possibly faulty switch, but try learning them again. It doesnt really matter how long you `hold` the switch as it will auto cut-out.

gblades
02-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Yes it does feel normal.
A couple of days ago when it was cold in the morning I did have to hold the switch to wind it up and it did stutter a bit so I think the mechanism is a bit sticky.

It does seem a little better today. The window doesnt go down automatically the first time but if I hold it until it drops a few cm and then press it again it works.

Alan02
04-10-2010, 12:36 PM
I wonder if you have a tight spot in the window guides ? This usually causes window to stop and go opposite way when it reaches it (pinch protection). Try lubing guides.