PDA

View Full Version : Question Esp

John S
30-09-2010, 01:04 PM
ESP Light Update:

Have bitten the bullet and taken my Jetta to VW, as expected the ESP light is failed a ABS Pump.......thought I was into a £1k bill, but wonders never cease, apparently the manufacturers have produced a repair kit, cost £460 fitted inc VAT, and VW are willing to stump up 10% as good will.

So hopefully no more big bills.......please! (what next? Clutch...suppose it could be i'm on 75,000 miles!!!)

Well after nearly 3 years and 65k of faultless motoring the Jetta is now toying with me!

Following new throttle body - £500 2 months ago and new turbo £1000 last week.....the ESP light has come on on the dash and has lit up on the button as OFF. The book says possible ABS / traction control fault.

Tried quick start and we have wheel spin so no TC operational, not tried heavy braking yet to see if ABS functional.

Losing confidence fast...bought the VW to replace a very unreliable MG ZS, not a happy Bunny :zx11:

Any suggestions on possible causes / known faults?

Cheers

John

Crasher
30-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Probably going to be the usually pressure sensor fault which means a new pump.

shottdi
14-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi. I recently joined the ESP warning light club myself! I have a 2007 2.0TDI Sport with 42k on the clock and a full VW service history.Car was out of warranty in April 2010. Booked it in to the dealer for a diagnostic check, who then told me it needed a new ABS pump for £1600! They rang VW UK to see if they could change the pump as a goodwill gesture and VW agreed to replace it free of charge! I know a lot of people who haven't been so lucky.:beerchug:

SC03OTT
14-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Good result there!