PDA

View Full Version : Dispaying Your Road Fund Licence

Jethro
16-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Me and a few mates:beerchug: had an interesting conversation about this subject in terms of displaying it. The licence should be displayed on the nearside front windscreen.

My question is I always display me tax disc on the lower corner on the nearside. Would you actually be commiting any traffic offence by displaying it in the middle of the nearside or as sometimes seen at the top of the nearside Windscreen.

This may sound daft but we couldn't agree. :p

Dozz
16-06-2007, 10:49 AM
from what I understand if you even display it upside down it's an offence but I could be wrong

Jethro
16-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Do we have any Traffic Officer members on the Forum.:drive:

colb666
16-06-2007, 01:05 PM
The law does actually state bottom corner of left side and it is an offence to display it elsewhere....

Captain Answer
16-06-2007, 02:56 PM
:confused: I didn't know it had to be right way up

wullie_t25
16-06-2007, 04:01 PM
The law does actually state bottom corner of left side and it is an offence to display it elsewhere....

I got stopped in my capri and asked where my tax disc was as the pleb (officer) couldnt see it. I had it mounted under my rear view mirror. Once he seen it he was fine and i asked him if there was a problem with it being there. His reply was 'as long as its visible from the front of the vehicle there is nothing can be done'.

I had the 'it creats a blind spot' speach ready just incase!!!! :biglaugh:

RickT
16-06-2007, 06:33 PM
the reason for the left corner... ie.. the bottom corner of the passgener side, on a RHD car, is so the TAX can be inspected from the pavement..

THE HIGHWAY CODE does state that the TAX disc has to be on the nearside (left) corner of the windscreen

PRIME EXAMPLE.... THE BELOW QUESTION IS TAKEN FROM THE DVLA THEORY DRIVING TEST...

Q7

The vehicle you plan to drive must have a tax disc. Where must the tax disc be displayed?

a. On the offside (right) corner of the windscreen
b. On the nearside (left) corner of the windscreen
c. On the top of the windscreen (behind the internal mirror)
d. On the bottom and in the middle of the windscreen

Cheers

RicKT