PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 2007 A3 tdi 170 flat spot/misfire when cold

DirtyDieselLee
29-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi, I have a 2007 A3 2.0 litre tdi 170bhp s-line, its done just coming upto 68000 miles and for a little while now when its cold its got a flat spotwhen moving slowly through traffic and if i try to pull away faster from a slow crawl it starts to kagaroo down the road, once it is warmed up its fine, but recently when its cold even driving at normal pace i get like a misfire when accelerating, i have no engine managment light on dash and its been back to audi and they couldn't diognose the problem, Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you find out what the problem is? I really appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks:1zhelp:

a8 tech
29-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Check the fuel pressure when the fault occurs and then check for excess soot in the fuel.If there is excess soot and the pressure drops off this indicates blow pass at the injector seats.
Also check the egr is functioning correctly and also a basic check of the air filter followed by reading measured value blocks 13 at idle for injectors and mvb 18 & 23 at idle & 2500 rpm , again this will show the injector values and commencement of injection.Run a basic setting of the egr and check there is a difference of 120mg/stroke between egr on and off