PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

Mav2006
16-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Hello

Hve just taken delivery of a new b6 estate. I've got to grips with the handbrake, my question relates to the clutch. It seems to take a lot of revs to pull off without juddering, is this normal? Had a b5.5 previously which was very light clutch?

carl s
16-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Not sure what engine you have, but I haven't noticed any clutch judder on my petrol B6 estate. In fact the car seems to have a lot smoother take off than my old accord estate, which had the same size engine but used to bog down easiliy if you didn't give it some decent revs pulling away. (in fact in the wet turning out of junctions the wheelspin was embarrising sometimes!) that's vtecs I guess...

Quatrelle
16-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Can you expand a bit on 'juddering'? I've a B6TDI and compared with our Laguna it does seem to take a bit more balancing of throttle and clutch. You say the B5 had a light clutch, but I wouldn't say the B6's is heavy.

Mav2006
16-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I have the 200 bhp engine and by juddering a mean, it almost feels like you are slipping the clutch and can't getaway cleanly

imc
06-11-2007, 06:17 PM
I have a similar problem with my 2.0 TDi. Does your judder occur primarily from a cold start and then disappear once warmed up ?

Regards

IMC

Santana
07-11-2007, 12:40 AM
"Had a b5.5 previously"

I had a B5 before and its clutch was lighter. When getting used to the B6 it does feel like you have to slip the clutch. I think this is because the engine is more powerful in the B6, therefore they've made the clutch heavier, and therefore to reduce the pedal pressure to a similar level they've increased the travel over which it bites.
The end result is it feels like you have to slip the clutch and use more revs to get it off the mark. At least it seems that way to me.