PDA

View Full Version : Leaking saloon boot lid

g-black
27-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Bought my car about a month ago and noticed the reverse light and fog light cluster had alot off condensation in them. When opening the boot lid, especially after washing the car, I noticed water comin in round the carpet lining and out from round the access points to the light bulbs.

Told my local dealership and they have ordered me the new light clusters and were going to fit them. I didn't see the point in replacing them when the water was still getting in. Rather than them having the car and working on it, I took the boot lid lining out and found that it was the VW badge that was leaking. Not just a little leak, but pouring in! It would fill up inside the boot and then when it's opened then pour into the boot!

Had anyone else encounters this problem?

phil miller
27-09-2010, 06:43 PM
ive had this on my golf it was coming in around the light units and from a rubber gromit just above the light units, total pain my lights had condenstaion in them and my boot carpet was soaked, i dried it all out and used some silicon around the rubber seals and touch wood its stayed dry