PDA

View Full Version : Map Updates?

spellsinger
26-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't mind forking out for the odd map update every so often - but what bugs me is there is no way of knowing or checking if a particular piece of road has been corrected/updated?

For instance - The Warwick Bypass, will almost certainly be revised at some stage. So you wouldn't want to buy a map now if the next revision includes the corrections.

Unless anyone knows better?

Mike

a8 tech
26-09-2010, 05:08 PM
the new 3g hdd update is considerably cheaper then the 2g also the 3g dvd again is cheaper but its impossible to say if all routes/roads have been updated until you try it as is the same with tom tom which i updated for France and found it was not complete

phil miller
26-09-2010, 05:18 PM
when i got my MFD2 i had a copied 2010 disc, which has since played up to the point i didnt bother using it, i then got a genuine disc cheap BNIB and even tho its a 2005 its fine for what i need it for, when most roads are changed there will always be good signs to help you get to where you need to be, i thought about getting a 2010 disc for mine from TPS but at £50 i thought better of it

porty
26-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Does anyone know how often the 3g hdd maps are updated. My car was delivered on 1 September 2009, but I have come across some roads which need updating. Audi never mentioned anything at my recent annual service, but I guess it is something that you need to mention to them if you want it updating. How do you know how old the map installed on the hdd is?

a8 tech
26-09-2010, 06:50 PM
hdd 1st update since launch has only just been release and in general there are updates in the first quarter of the new year.
The hdd update is dealer only but at a reduced cost to the former 2g, the update is run via sd card then the license is released by the dealer vas on line connection.
The vehicle is booked in and you purchase the license from the parts department then the the dealer runs the update (1 hour ish) and enters the final activation/license code which can only be used for one vehicle

GolferPete
26-09-2010, 07:20 PM
A8 tech

You say cheaper, but can you give us a clue as to the list rrp inc VAT to us end users, please.

Ta

a8 tech
26-09-2010, 07:29 PM
mmi 2g and rnse from memory £200 and you simply loaded the disc yourself
mmi 3g hdd not fully finalised as yet but if I recall discussing the cost for a customer it was £120 job lot.
As mentioned the 3g hdd update requires the dealer to run it but I'm aware of member from another forum and country who managed to purchase the sd update from a dealer and run the update then hack 5f (allegedly)

porty
27-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks a8 tech for that useful information.

GolferPete
27-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Yes, thanks a8