PDA

View Full Version : A1 spec question

adamgilbride
26-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi guys,

Quick question about speccing an A1. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

All the photos of the car in the brochure (and lots of the press photos) show it with the 17" 5 v spoke bi-colour alloy wheels (code CP3) and the xenon headlights and daytime running lights (code PX4), yet it actually seem as though you can't order a car with this spec. The 17" bi-colour alloys only come on the Sport and the xenon lights and DRL's only come on the S-line.

Am I right or am I being stupid?! It seems a bit crazy to market the car showing a combination of options that you can't have!

tlionhart
27-09-2010, 12:39 AM
thats right. You'll find the german version are different to the cars here. For example I just come back from Germany and a lot of the cars had stuff or weird combinations that you don't get here. It might be for taxing purposes here. To keep the fuel consumption down, ill be honest, im not sure if that actually makes any difference. Just a lucky guess :approve:
I also went to 'preview' this car at the dealership. It was a fully spec'ed sline and had interior leather! Interior leather not yet available on sline. (at a uk dealer on uk reg but left hand drive)