PDA

View Full Version : Question A4 2.0TDI 170 S-Line SE Remap Advice Please?

sanstorm999
25-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Hello All,
I have a A4 2.0TDI 170 S-Line SE Saloon (56-Sept 2006 Reg) 45,000 miles.
I am considering having it remapped for performance and economy.

Can anyone recommend the best company to use and what I am looking at paying please?

Also anyone had experience of doing this to a similar vehicle, what was the result in performance increase and economy?

OK! I have doe a bit more research on the forum and found the answer to my own Q I think.

Found a company called Flash Remapping in Kent, charge around £300 who use Viezu software maps.

I also saw they sell a Viezu V-Switch Tuning system, for £469, anyone purchased and use one o these?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

S9:1zhelp:

crmason
30-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Ive got the Viezu remap on my 170 mate. I have a thread/review on here if you search for it :-)

Ben
30-09-2010, 07:13 PM
£250 here (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=563294#post563294)

sanstorm999
04-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Hi Guys,
Thank you for your replies. I ended up going with the Viezo V-Switch and have 3 maps:
1. Original Map
2. Maximum Performance (Road)
3. Economy

I purchased the V-Switch direct from Viezo and it was delivered the next day via courier. I then plugged the device into the car diagnostic socket, read the original map and emailed that to Viezo tech with my re-map request.

A short while later they replied to my email with the new modified maps attached. I Programmed the V-Switch on the PC. (Beware: the Viezo V-Switch computer device driver software required to detect and install the V-Switch on the PC does not support 64bit Windows- you will need a 32bit Operating system to install and upload re-maps to the device)

Plugged the V-Switch into the car diagnostic and chose to upload the 'Performance Map'. After nearly 10 minutes the re-programming of the ECU was complete and the device was removed and stored somewhere safe.

What do I think after a week of use? Without doubt the car is smoother across the whole rev range and pulls smoothly from 1000rpm (the lag I used to experience from 1000 to 2000rpm has completely gone). The car seems quicker under heavy acceleration.

Even though I have the 'Performance Map' installed at present, fuel consumption has improved. Not sure if this is because I can now pull away with a lot less revs and change up much sooner due to the increased torque!

Will try the 'Economy Map' in a while.

If you are thinking of getting a V-Switch then do not hesitate. The difference it makes to the drivability of the car is quite astounding.

Cheers
S9 :beerchug: