PDA

View Full Version : Touran Leaking into Drivers footwell

AlanandEm
15-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Hello all,

Does anyone have any ideas why my touran is leaking water into the drivers side footwell, I have had the carpet up and the insulation and sound proofing up and all are sodden wet through, I looked at the air con drain pipe which goes out through the base of the car but seems ok, but cannot see where it could be coming through.

Any ideas or has anyone come across this problem ??

julee
19-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Hi there,
my wife had exactly the same problem with her Sharan.
After removing the carpet and sound deadening underlay, poured some water down the bottom of the windscreen to ensure it was coming out through the drain pipes that exit at the bottom of the wheel arch.

Noticed that although this was happening, while inside the car there is a metal seam (inner wheel arch to floorpan) and the water was very slowly coming through this.

I don't know whether a Touran has a similar design but it could be worth a check.

Resolved the problem by using bitumen sealant on the inside around this joint and also on the outside within the wheelarch. So far she driven for the past 3/4 months with dry carpets.

At least my wife is happy again with her car!!

Good luck

Neil

Fourbears
19-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Air con drain goes into a hole on the side of the gearbox tunnel on the drivers side. Make sure it is seated properly otherwise it will leak. And its not uncommon especially on Golfs. Ours was routed wrongly from new and we had a footwell full of water after 150 miles and 2 hours. If its under warranty make sure the dealer investigates, afetr all thats what you've paid for and you should get a courtesy car, or a hire car from VW if it takes a few days.