PDA

View Full Version : B7 2.0 TDi 170 S-line Emission

mpllennon
24-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Hi just rejoined this site after while away as have recently went back to Audi. Had 1.9TDi SE 06 over year ago and have now went to 07 2.0Tdi 170 S-line.
Emission light has come on constant but car driving 100%, went to my mechanic who plugged in his computer and showed up from what i remember "Emission Light Fault / Faulty Emission Light".
Cleared alarm and drove car home about 15 miles with no alarms and still 100%. But went back out again and soon as started car Emission Light back on but car still 100%.
Also checked all hoses under engine shrowd, ok!
Any ideas!?
Glad to be back to Audi!!!

VAGMAN54
24-09-2010, 09:33 PM
need the code really as emission fault/faulty emission light doesnt mean anything.............

mpllennon
24-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Cheers for reply but can't think if it had a code, will check again tomo!

Again thanks!!

BarbusBurkus
24-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Had the emission light come on in my 08 170TDi a few weeks back.
Called out Audi Assist as it's still under warranty.
Was told it was caused by a faulty sensor in front of or behind (can't remember which) the DPF.
The Audi Assist guy said it was a fairly common fault.

Was given a copy of the F.O.C. invoice - £600+
I guess they ramp up any warranty jobs as they claim it back from Audi UK.

mpllennon
25-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Hi just managed to get the code for this fault. it is "P3130" but it doesn't give a description and says in the status "006 short to plus"
My mechanic was told it might be the EGR valve? but surely i was notice if this was faulty as car driving well in fact seems to drive better......?
Any ideas greatly appreciated!

VAGMAN54
25-09-2010, 03:52 PM
egr code.....i would check all the vac lines and the diaphram on top of the valve,i think yours is vac and not the electrical one what is your eng code ?.....

a8 tech
25-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi just managed to get the code for this fault. it is "P3130" but it doesn't give a description and says in the status "006 short to plus"
My mechanic was told it might be the EGR valve? but surely i was notice if this was faulty as car driving well in fact seems to drive better......?
Any ideas greatly appreciated!

short to positive means open circuit (broken wire or internal failure of the egr valve)
status is the number of the times the fault has occurred but still please post the full fault code for a more accurate diagnosis

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/19586/P3130/012592

mpllennon
27-09-2010, 03:07 PM
egr code.....i would check all the vac lines and the diaphram on top of the valve,i think yours is vac and not the electrical one what is your eng code ?.....

Hi the Eng Code is BRD034588. I have checked all the vac lines around the engine and all hoses and wires everything seems normal. Would this suggest that the EGR valve is at fault!?

VAGMAN54
27-09-2010, 07:18 PM
you need to put a vac pump on the egr valve to see if the unit can hold a vacuum,if it can then take it off to see if its working it could be carboned up...............

a8 tech
27-09-2010, 07:28 PM
if this is a 170 then the egr is electronic and only the egr cooler has a vacuum unit.

Zaz
28-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Interesting...my emissions control system light came on constant yesterday evening...seems to be driving fine but I did notice the exhaust smell outside the car smelt kind of hot as well as the exhaust sound itself was different but this isn't new.
So many common faults with this car/engine yet Audi won't acknowledge them as being a common fault, why?! Frustrating.