PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Additives

GilesC
15-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Hmm - in a fit of "Friday Folly" I have purchased some Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 for my 2.0 TDI SE (56 Reg). This was after having been in the dealers (getting my death wish boot opening sorted out) where it was in one of the VW magazines.

Does anyone else use this stuff and does it really "do what it says on the tin"? It certainly works out cheaper that Shell V-Power or BP Ultimate. Millers is about 2p/litre to treat. Here in Hampshire the "super diesels" are about 10p per litre more than standard.

BTW - they did fix the boot (it was the door ECU - no surprise) but have informed me that they need to fix the ECU as its showing a fault code. So the car goes back in a couple of weeks.

I could be really unhappy but they are being helpful and polite so Hey Ho! Unless ......... they perhaps slipped some LSD into that complimentary coffee to make me think they were being helpful & polite! :biglaugh:

Giles

Quatrelle
15-06-2007, 08:59 PM
I've read some other favourable comments on Millers' products, not their Diesel Power Sport 4 in particular though.

Never tried additives, apart from injection cleaner in our old Laguna, and always use French supermarket diesel (cheap!). I do wonder though if a 'premium' fuel would make a difference.

Stevef.
15-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Hi, i use it in my car when i started using it i was sure it made a difference maybe it was pschological though, still use it anyway £60 delivered for 5 litres at fasteronline.co.uk
Steve.:)

redadair
15-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Honest John who writes an excellent "agony" motoring column in Saturdays Telegragh rates Millers Diesel Power Plus as a good lubricant and detergent for diesel injectors. He also recommends filling up with either Shell Diesel Extra or BP Ultimate Diesel. His column can also be viewed on the telegragh website or his own site can be found at www.honestjohn.co.uk (http://www.honestjohn.co.uk)

Quatrelle
16-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Honest John who writes an excellent "agony" motoring column in Saturdays Telegragh rates Millers Diesel Power Plus as a good lubricant and detergent for diesel injectors. He also recommends filling up with either Shell Diesel Extra or BP Ultimate Diesel. His column can also be viewed on the telegragh website or his own site can be found at www.honestjohn.co.uk (http://www.honestjohn.co.uk)
I would also recommend his website - lots for everyone, so to speak!