PDA

View Full Version : Attention a4 3.0tdi

ian falls
22-09-2010, 10:15 PM
hi all,have just recently purchased a 2007 3.0tdi quattro a4 avant which i thought was 200 and something bhp but on the tax book it says 170bhp,could this be so and also what about remapping it,thanks for any info

passman
23-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Just checked my log book for my 3.0 tdi and it states 171Kw. Bhp should be about 230-240 for the 3.0 tdi.

Road Rocket
23-09-2010, 04:26 PM
For a 2007 Avant SE or S - Line 3.0TDI (both the same in performance figures) it will be 201bhp with 450Nm of torque. If it is the TDV version it will be 229bhp but same torque figures.

These vehicles remap exceptionally well and you will notice a good difference if you have it done. It's the torque that really makes this V6 engine outstanding.

big jase
23-09-2010, 08:03 PM
For a 2007 Avant SE or S - Line 3.0TDI (both the same in performance figures) it will be 201bhp with 450Nm of torque. If it is the TDV version it will be 229bhp but same torque figures.

These vehicles remap exceptionally well and you will notice a good difference if you have it done. It's the torque that really makes this V6 engine outstanding.

any idea how much better the 2.7 v6 tdi will go ?

ian falls
23-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Happy days thank you,it is a tdv so looking forward to getting it remapped if anyone could advise which map to go for and figures,much appreciated for the help

Road Rocket
24-09-2010, 09:14 AM
any idea how much better the 2.7 v6 tdi will go ?

Sorry I don't know about that engine but if you mean how much better after remapping I can only say that in general most turbo diesels respond very well to a remap. The performance increases will be really noticeable - as will be the grins on the drivers' faces.

Road Rocket
24-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Happy days thank you,it is a tdv so looking forward to getting it remapped if anyone could advise which map to go for and figures,much appreciated for the help

Have a look at remapping companies for suggested figures but be aware of exaggerated claims. Had mine done by Ben at Sharkperformance he's honest and knows what he's talking about. Personally I never bother about figures too much I just know how good the car is by driving it.

Performance figures can often be misleading and depend on various factors in real life driving; road conditions, tyres, weight in car, driver's ability etc. For example, if you have two cars each very powerful with similar performance figures and weight but one has FWD and the other 4WD it's fairly obvious which will sprint away the quickest on a slippy road from standstll.

Good luck with your car.