PDA

View Full Version : How long does the car take to deliver from specified build week

Pages : [1] 2 3

jon.kelly
21-09-2010, 04:56 PM
HI all,

I've got a great lease deal through gateway to lease on a cancelled vehicle they had in stock. I ordered the vehicle on the 31/8/10 and they said the anticipated delivery was around mid october.

Since signing on the dotted line, they havent given me any specific info and have just said the build week hasnt been confirmed yet. I'm in two minds whether to have words with them as i dont know if i'm being led on or whether they are telling the truth. I'm worried that if its not built until mid October when am I going to see the vehicle. I'm desperate to sell my current car and drive my new cc.

On average fronm a build week how long will the car take to be delivered from Germany to the UK dealer and then to me?

would really appreciate any input.

Jon

Scooby-Doo
21-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Ordered mine on the 10th July,was given a build week about five weeks later,which was week 44,week commencing 1st Nov with delivery about 3 weeks later.If you havn't got a confirmed build week yet, the mid October delivery looks very optimistic to say the least.

jonofsaj
23-09-2010, 08:56 AM
hi chaps,

I ordered my CC in week 24 on the 11th June and got a confirmation on week 31 around 30 th July that it would be going into build week 35 on the 30th August and my vehicle was with the dealer in London last week. Due to my CC being transported from London to Dundee i have had to wait an additional week ... Ho Hum...In theory it took in my experience 11 weeks from order to actual build and a further 2 - 3 until i have received it totalling around 14 weeks.... hope this is helpful to anyone.

Jon:biglaugh:

m3-fast
23-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Mine was scheduled to be built in week 37, two weeks behind of yours.

It actually went into production last friday so working on your time scales it should be at the dealer end of next week?

They told me 3 weeks max after going into production - can't wait now! Have a buyer for our current car all lined up as soon as this CC arrives. It's not even my car, it's for the missus but I think I am more excited than she is! :)

SO have you actually yet received your car yet Jon? If so has it got the RNS310 hi-fi? Can you confirm what bluetooth system has been fitted (fully integrated or the one with the pop-out 'Bury' keypad?')

cheers, Paul

jonofsaj
23-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Hi Paul,

My vehicle actually arrives with me tomorrow pm... I will check to see what Bluetooth system i have and keep you posted. However, on joining this forum and establishing that historically there has been an issue with the pop out system i decided to take the issue up with my local VW dealer and he assures me that my CC will come with fully integrated Bluetooth and compatible with my IPhone which was very reassuring. Only 1 sleep to go :beerchug:

m3-fast
23-09-2010, 03:39 PM
:D Excellent - hope tomorrow goes well then!

What colour/spec/model have you chosen?

Look forward to hearing your views on the car and what BT system they are fitting.

jonofsaj
23-09-2010, 04:19 PM
I have opted for Candy White GT 170:afro: will let you know buddy

m3-fast
23-09-2010, 04:21 PM
That will be VERY nice - what colour leather?

We settled with a 140 GT in Island Grey, will prob get a tuning box on it to 170.

Would have gone for white, but I have a white M3, so thought it would be a bit too much of a statement having 2 white cars on the drive :biglaugh:

cullinp
23-09-2010, 07:24 PM
My car "if it ever gets built" will be Candy White....would you mind taking some photos of your new motor and sharing them on the forum please Jon?

m3-fast
24-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I have opted for Candy White GT 170:afro: will let you know buddy

:drive:Hope today goes well!! Looking forward to the pics :biglaugh:

jonofsaj
25-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi guys... Replying from my iPhone so hope you get this, CC arrived yesterday and I was NOT disappointed at all. RNS510 was as promised fully integrated. To answer your question Paul about leather I just went for black which is so brill. I will take some pics later today and get them on asap. Best looking car around and I witnessed loads of head turning yesterday when driving.

m3-fast
25-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Excellent! Sounds like your well pleased - look forward to the pics

SO to confirm, you didn't spec asn upgraded stereo and you received the car with the RNS510 fitted (instead of the standard RN310?)

mattsophie
25-09-2010, 11:26 AM
I ordered my cc 170GT on 2nd June, and it arrived at the dealer on 9th September. Didnt receive it until Monday of this week due to problems with VW UK's new IT system not letting them tax it?????
Anyway, well worth the wait. It's Autumn Brown with panoramic roof, bi-xenons, MDI, ambient lighting and a heated screen.
It came with the bluetooth fully integrated, much better than that "Bury" unit, and they are now putting the MDI cable in a seperate compartment inside the glovebox.......not in the central armrest as shown in the brochure.

m3-fast
25-09-2010, 12:24 PM
I reckon this new IT system has been the root of all these anticipated delivery problems.

Your car sounds cool though mate - what stereo did you order and which one is actually fitted?

mattsophie
25-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Ordered the standard RNS310 and that's what I got.
Worth noting that unless you transfer the sat-nav data onto an SD card, it makes the CD player unavailable for music, if you want sat-nav to work. That's one big advantage of spending £900!!!! on the 510 with it's multi-player.

cullinp
25-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Pictures guys......pictures!!!! :)

jon.kelly
29-09-2010, 09:30 AM
This is the reply I got back from the lease company what a pile of rubbish. I'd had words and i'll let you know what they say.

As per our telephone conversation yesterday, I have spoken with my boss regarding your vehicle and they have informed me that despite the vehicle you ordered being a cancelled vehicle it had not been built with Volkswagen and we have not yet received a build week.

Most build weeks we are now getting are coming into early next year so I would be prepared that once a build week has been confirmed you are going to be looking at delivery next year. Until a build week has been allocated I cannot be 100% sure about this, but by looking at orders we have currently going through Volkswagen, it is looking that way.

Unfortunately delays like this are coming from the limited production capacity at the factories, and not x lease company, so there is little we can do.

If you are unwilling to wait for your vehicle to come in, then we may be able to look at vehicles we have that are either in stock or are due to be built very soon.

Please can you advise me as to how you wish to proceed.

I apologize that there is little we are able to do regarding the Volkswagen lead times, and the delay this is causing your vehicle.

m3-fast
29-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Not great news there Jon :(

VW seem to have really screwed up their production schedule at the moment. I think the IT system 'swapover' combined with difficulties with supply of the revised RNS310 head units are causing huge delays. To make matters worse they have heavily promoted cheap lease deals on cars they cannot supply. Maybe it is to keep residual values very high I don't know?

Ours comes into the dealer this week so am hoping to collect before/at the weekend and am hoping it will have the RNS510 fitted, maybe just to complete all orders on the 'old IT system' - ours was THE very last car ordered on it.

There are some lease companies boasting that they have limited stocks of this car so may be worth trying a few others. If they have connections with a VW dealer that has stock, you may get one sooner but wont be able to choose a spec. to suit yourself.

try www.contracthireandleasing.com (http://www.contracthireandleasing.com)

Paul

Scooby-Doo
29-09-2010, 11:45 AM
As previous,ordered with the dealer on 10th July but not input onto the "new" system until about 20th July,then allow for the factory shutdown in August and the crazy lease deals on CCs and no wonder VW can't cope and are quoting deliveries for next year.Waiting times are much longer these days due to production cutbacks,my son's Scirocco took 17 weeks back in 2009,but dealers are still quoting 12 weeks as a rule.

ednaroad
09-10-2010, 08:31 PM
:confused:You guys have got me nervous enough to check with my dealer about this. I ordered my 170 GT at the beginning of September and the vw dealer in Nottingham still has no build week confirmed. I really really hope it's not going to run into next year before it's delivered. To make matters worse i've already hit my contracted 90k mileage limit for my current B6 Passat which is due to go back in December.

cullinp
10-10-2010, 01:31 AM
:confused:You guys have got me nervous enough to check with my dealer about this. I ordered my 170 GT at the beginning of September and the vw dealer in Nottingham still has no build week confirmed. I really really hope it's not going to run into next year before it's delivered. To make matters worse i've already hit my contracted 90k mileage limit for my current B6 Passat which is due to go back in December.

In a nutshell..... It's going to be next year.

ednaroad
10-10-2010, 08:35 PM
That's really not good. Does anyone know if VW have a policy of providing a relief vehicle when delivery times slip?

cullinp
10-10-2010, 09:16 PM
You are entitled to one, my lease company is quoting 20 weeks from placing the order, my current argument with them is that I placed the order on the 6th August. What they won't tell me is the date they placed it with VW.

If they held onto it for a couple of weeks.......why should I be penalised that couple of weeks because of their slow admin process?

ednaroad
11-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Dealer rang today - in their words "the lead time on the CC is slipping all the time, shortage of radio head units and run out of DSG gearboxes are partly to blame"................isnt that just great!

shefwhite
11-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Hi,

Lease Company called me today...ordered my car on the 12th July, still have not got confirmed build week but is on list for next slot.

Now telling me delivery approx 9th December, was meant to be 8th October, and apparently I am an early one!!

Now have had additional cost of service/tyre/mileage on current car and negotiating with Lease Company for some money back...here's hoping.

I guess if people have ordered anytime after mid July delivery will not be till the new year at the earliest.

:zx11:

Scooby-Doo
11-10-2010, 02:43 PM
See my original post on page 1

vwparly
13-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Hey Ednaroad - my sypathies are with you.

I ordered mine with the lease comapny at the start of September and at the time was being quoted early November Delivery. That was just before the news hit about the delays. Also my car had already been ordered by the lease company, but i dont know how many weeks for.

I am now being told to not expect anything untill February next year and my car still doesnt have a build date either.

I am in a similar position to you with my existing car - it is actually getting picked up tomorrow> i am going on Holiday next week and have had to hire something for the week.

The lease company have said they can get me a hire car, but tbh the prices arent great and i really dont want get one till i at least have a build week for the CC. I am going to attempt November without a car - but i have a funny feeling that may not last long!!! :aargh4:

Kevthewev
13-10-2010, 01:14 AM
I know that this isn't related to a CC, but I ordered my Passat Estate in August and was told last Friday that I'm not going to get it as they have stopped building them! Obviously a signed agreement (contract) isn't binding by VW and I'm now left in the lurch without a car as I put mine in and they've since sold it (complicated story). I've complained to VW but they are just giving me the run around and passing the buck to various departments - be warned!:(

Scooby-Doo
13-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons,and bearing in mind that my build week is 44,if VW have stopped producing Passat saloons/estates and are all set to produce the B7 what is happening to the CC.
The new B7 has the electric handbrake switch mounted next to the gearlever and an analogue clock set into the middle of the dash.It looks as if VW have not altered the general arrangement of the dash/centre console so are these mods going to be introduced on the CC shortly and how "shortly" ?????????

jon.kelly
13-10-2010, 02:57 PM
I ordered on the 31/8/10 and have jsut spoken directly to the dealer after cutting out the useless lease compnay. I dont have a build week at all, and i've I've also just been told feb 2011! I'm gutted!

jon.kelly
13-10-2010, 03:00 PM
You'll be seeing that car in feb from what im told mate. sorry.

Scooby-Doo
13-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Sorry to hear that news,but it appears that a lot of these lease companies have quoted early deliveries and then come up with 2011. Mine's a private purchase so I need delivery before the end of the year due to the VAT rise.

cc170gt
13-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Mine also private purchase , ordered 28/06/10 . Build week from dealer 44. My car ordered from Capitol volkswagen , Merthyr Tydfil , Mid Glamorgan .

m3-fast
13-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Hey Ednaroad - my sypathies are with you.

I ordered mine with the lease comapny at the start of September and at the time was being quoted early November Delivery. That was just before the news hit about the delays. Also my car had already been ordered by the lease company, but i dont know how many weeks for.

I am now being told to not expect anything untill February next year and my car still doesnt have a build date either.

I am in a similar position to you with my existing car - it is actually getting picked up tomorrow> i am going on Holiday next week and have had to hire something for the week.

The lease company have said they can get me a hire car, but tbh the prices arent great and i really dont want get one till i at least have a build week for the CC. I am going to attempt November without a car - but i have a funny feeling that may not last long!!! :aargh4:

There are lease companies with GT spec cars available either straight away or very soon - You obviously wont be able to choose a spec and I dont know what options you have chosen if any, look here:

http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/special-offers-cars1.asp?q=Volkswagen+&hidden=&Start=1&VehicleType=0&Make=Volkswagen&Model=Passat+CC

hope this helps, Paul

Scooby-Doo
13-10-2010, 09:59 PM
ordered 28/06/10 . Build week from dealer 44

Ordered mine 10/07/10 Build week from dealer week 44,Sinclair Swansea.
Checked today & told it might have been put back a week,then the computer was playing up and they'd get back to me,no call back before close of play,gits.1st call tomorrow morning so we'll see.Waited so long now a week isn't going to make much difference,any more and delivery is so close to the end of the year it would be foolish to register it as a 2010 for the sake of a few days.VAT goes up on Jan 3rd so possible to register as a 2011 and miss the increase.

cc170gt
13-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Would monday 3rd january not be the earliest date in 2011 you could register therefore be liable for VAT increase?

ednaroad
14-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Whatever happened to ruthless German efficiency?
I should have anticipated this actually, the last three Passat's i've had I ended up in a hire car for a month or so. Last time was particularly depressing Pug 406 ouch.

Scooby-Doo
14-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Would monday 3rd january not be the earliest date in 2011

It is and unfortunately it's a Bank Holiday,but I'm sure it's only a matter of a tax point date on a piece of paper.
Spoke to my dealer this morning and confirmed that my build date has gone back a week to week 45.What's an extra week,now 20 week wait instead of 19.:(:(:(

benway
14-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Ordered on the 3rd September and the lease company are still very quiet on a build week.

I suppose it gives me something to look forward to in the new year......

erisaman
14-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Mine also private purchase , ordered 28/06/10 . Build week from dealer 44. My car ordered from Capitol volkswagen , Merthyr Tydfil , Mid Glamorgan .

Not high-jacking thread but have to comment that I'm calling into Capitol VW (Merthyr Tydfil) tomorrow - they have an Island Grey/Truffle in stock - want to check out the colour combo.

You've come a long way to place your order - hope all goes well for you.

erisaman
14-10-2010, 05:52 PM
It is and unfortunately it's a Bank Holiday,but I'm sure it's only a matter of a tax point date on a piece of paper.
Spoke to my dealer this morning and confirmed that my build date has gone back a week to week 45.What's an extra week,now 20 week wait instead of 19.:(:(:(

VAT is payable on goods purchased on or after a particular date - so would it not be feasible to come to an arrangement with the dealer to have the car invoiced for Jan 1st, paid in full before January 1st i.e. paid by December 31st, and then registered on January 3rd?

benway
15-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Just got the following from my lease company:

"VW have informed us this week, that all vehicles on order will now be built with the new Blue Motion Technology engines, hence the delay in build. They have now stopped production of the current engine and will be upgrading all of the engines to the above. Your vehicle (WHEN IT ARRIVES) will have the new more fuel efficient lower C02 engines, which means that you will get much better fuel economy combined with the same power. The engines have the stop start facility as standard, and for company car users the lower C02 emissions will result in lower car tax.

VW have informed us that they will not commence build on this upgraded engine until week 45 (Week commencing 8th of Nov), once VW start production of the new engine customers will be allocated a build week, from that date onwards, although there is a large back log. Realistically we don’t expect to see any of these vehicles with yourselves, until Jan/Feb next year."

vwparly
15-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Well,

At least thats some good news. I actually have (or had, since i had to hand it back this week) a BMW with stop start and actually quite liked it.

Had been pondering jsut cancelling my order, but i just cant see anything close in terms of a deal, and a bit better economy is going to help.

What will be interesting will be to compare notes when the build dates start rolling in! We can only hope!!!!!!!;)

ednaroad
15-10-2010, 11:39 AM

"VW have informed us this week, that all vehicles on order will now be built with the new Blue Motion Technology engines, hence the delay in build. They have now stopped production of the current engine and will be upgrading all of the engines to the above. Your vehicle (WHEN IT ARRIVES) will have the new more fuel efficient lower C02 engines, which means that you will get much better fuel economy combined with the same power. The engines have the stop start facility as standard, and for company car users the lower C02 emissions will result in lower car tax.

VW have informed us that they will not commence build on this upgraded engine until week 45 (Week commencing 8th of Nov), once VW start production of the new engine customers will be allocated a build week, from that date onwards, although there is a large back log. Realistically we don’t expect to see any of these vehicles with yourselves, until Jan/Feb next year."

Do you know if that means both versions of the TDI engines, 140 & 170?

benway
15-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Do you know if that means both versions of the TDI engines, 140 & 170?

No idea, email does say "all vehicles", so I'm guessing both. I've ordered the 140.

ednaroad
15-10-2010, 11:53 AM
No idea, email does say "all vehicles", so I'm guessing both. I've ordered the 140.

I was under the impression that bluemotion was a 1.6 TDI and could only be used with a manual gearbox. I've ordered a 170 DSG! I'm sure someone will find out in due course...

Scooby-Doo
15-10-2010, 12:42 PM
VW have informed us that they will not commence build on this upgraded engine until week 45 (Week commencing 8th of Nov), once VW start production of the new engine customers will be allocated a build week, from that date onwards

If I've read the above correctly it means that every car built from week 45 will be bluemotion ????????
My build week was put back from week 44 to week 45 this week,so I assume from the above that I'll have the bluemotion engine.
What I really really really don't want is the stop/start system,one of the reasons for getting the CC was that it didn't have stop/ start,life is never simple is it.:mad::mad:

ednaroad
15-10-2010, 12:47 PM
It appears then that the CC will be taking on components a features from the new passat from November. Found this http://www.zercustoms.com/news/2011-Volkswagen-Passat-In-Depth.html which includes a lot of spec and detail.

vwparly
15-10-2010, 12:48 PM
If I've read the above correctly it means that every car built from week 45 will be bluemotion ????????
My build week was put back from week 44 to week 45 this week,so I assume from the above that I'll have the bluemotion engine.
What I really really really don't want is the stop/start system,one of the reasons for getting the CC was that it didn't have stop/ start,life is never simple is it.:mad::mad:

Scooby,

I dont know about the VW system, but the one in my BMW works fine - after a few months i actually grew to like the fact that everything went quiet when stopped. I wouldnt let it pt you off.

ednaroad
15-10-2010, 12:55 PM
I assume from the above that I'll have the bluemotion engine.

You can turn if off as with the current blue motion system.

Scooby-Doo
15-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Well, if I can turn it off then that;'s OK.

shefwhite
15-10-2010, 01:47 PM

Thanks for the info...following your comment I went to my lease company and asked about my order....answer was:

"I have spoken to our dealer today to clarify your order, we currently show a build week of 45 and have been advised that they will be built with the new lower Co2 engine. "

About the first good news from VW I have had in a while!!:D

Scooby-Doo
15-10-2010, 02:10 PM
CC170GT's car is build week 44,I wonder if his has also been put back to week 45 ???????????

cc170gt
15-10-2010, 09:21 PM
CC170GT's car is build week 44,I wonder if his has also been put back to week 45 ???????????
Havn't heard anything from dealer yet . Will phone him on monday to see what is happening with mine . If it is delayed till january i hope they are going to pay the extra VAT.

johnloaderuk
15-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Well, if I can turn it off then that;'s OK.

What puts you off stop/start ?. I have the latest VW 2.0 TDI 140CR with stop/start in my 2010 Passat B6 Highline Plus, and as vwparly says, it soon grows on you, and makes you wonder why all new cars don't do this. No need to have the engine running if you aren't going anywhere.
There's a button beside the gear lever if you want to turn the feature off. As a company car driver I will personally save in excess of £1000 in company car tax (BIK) over the non stop/start version over the next three years, due to the far lower emissions, 124g/km against 146g/km.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/passat-saloon/configure/809/engine-and-transmission

Scooby-Doo
15-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Whilst I appreciate it's fuel saving features I like to think that I'm in control of my engine,if I want a quick off from a junction or roundabout it's reassauring to know that I haven't got that thought in the back of my mind as to whether or not I've been quicker than the stop start system.It's probably all in the mind and actually driving it won't be a problem.As mine's a private purchase the tax benifit doesn't affect me and as I only cover about 10,000 miles a year the extra mpg isn't going to make much difference either.This is my first diesel and I have to admit that after driving reasonably fast 16 valve,VR6,Merc supercharged and Audi 2.0 turbo petrols for the past 20 years I await the delivery of the CC with some trepidation.The car itself is, in my opinion, one of the smartest looking saloons on the road and I'm quite happy to swap my MKII Audi TT,"the best looking 2 door coupe":D for a CC but the 20 week wait is really getting to me now.

Drifty
18-10-2010, 04:36 PM

Hi - did you get any other information in terms of how different the CO2 emissions are likely to be?

johnloaderuk
18-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi - did you get any other information in terms of how different the CO2 emissions are likely to be?

Probably similar to those of the new Passat B7, which can only be ordered with Bluemotion Technology diesels as of today, whether it's a 1.6TDI or 2.0TDI 140 or 170 model
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/passat-vii/which-model/engines/overview

My 2010 2.0 TDI 140 Passat B6 Bluemotion Technology has emissions of 124g/km.

Drifty
18-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Interesting... if they used the new Passat engines.. that would make the 170 DSG almost the same at today's 170 manual....

I've got a Golf MkV GTI DSG now and love the gearbox, but as the company car tax is so high, I did decide to move back to manual.... now I'm wondering whether I should wait longer.... confused:confused:

johnloaderuk
18-10-2010, 09:12 PM
now I'm wondering whether I should wait longer.... confused:confused:

Might be worth the wait. The B7 140 DSG comes in at 135 g/km and the 170 DSG at just 139 g/km.

Company car tax is why I chose the 140 Bluemotion Technology model over the normal 140. I save just over £1000 over the next three years. Far rather I had it than the tax man.

Drifty
18-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I've emailed my contact at VW and my lease company to see if I can get some information. If I get any new information I'll post the details.

...very frustrating as my company order windows closes on Wednesday night for the first batch of car orders to be submitted...and with all the long lead times, I did want to get my order off asap.....

cc170gt
18-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Dealer informed me today that my car also put back 1 week to week 45 but still thinks i will have it before christmas.

vwparly
18-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Was on to my lease company, and they have told me that VW are expecting to allocate build weeks for the outstanding orders over the next week, so fingers crossed we should all know more soon.

I have a hire car this week that makes me appreciate what a good car drives like. 1.6 petro astra . It drives as if I am telling somone else where I want to go and then they wait a bit then do it. I wondered why it only had 5 gears till I tried accelerating up a hill in 5th on the motorway - I actually was beginning to think the accelarator wasn't working!!! Truly awful car, even though it doesn't look that bad.

I really can't wait for my CC!!!!

Drifty
18-10-2010, 10:49 PM
German VW site appears to be listing Bluemotion engines now ....

http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/de3/modelle/passat_cc/zahlen___fakten/technische_daten.detail.1.4.html

Scooby-Doo
19-10-2010, 10:22 AM
If they're going to be "Bluemotion" after week 45 then they're going to be stop/start.If there's a switch to disable the stop/start then there's a good chance that the'll have the new redesigned Passat B7 centre console with the electronic handbrake switch next to the gearstick.????

ednaroad
19-10-2010, 07:20 PM
The specs for the new engines etc are now up on the UK website http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/passat-vii

Drifty
19-10-2010, 07:30 PM
hmmmmm - got these back today.....about the Passat CC and Bluemotion engines....

From VW....

Many of our models are now available with what we call Bluemotion
Technology. This includes start stop and a multifunction computer as
well as other features that help make the vehicle more fuel efficient
and lower the Co2 emissions. Bluemotion Technology is not currently
available on the Passat CC but at some point this may happen. It won't
be November but possibly later on next year. I imagine we will offer
Bluemotion Tech on our entire range as we try to bring down the cost of
motoring and the impact it has on the environment.

From the lease company....

Looking through the information we have been sent and the details on the VW website, we only have the current model details.
Once VW release the new models and engine data will be know how the C02 emission rates have changed.

So now I'm at sad.com :mad::(

Scooby-Doo
19-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Bluemotion Technology is not currently
available on the Passat CC

Not according to the German website,not sure if it's the one mentioned above,on the german configurator for the CC it even gives the prices for the various models and shows a CC with a Bluemotion badge stuck on the right hand side of the bootlid.

So who's telling the truth,is it available in Germany but not UK ??????

Drifty
19-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Not according to the German website,not sure if it's the one mentioned above,on the german configurator for the CC it even gives the prices for the various models and shows a CC with a Bluemotion badge stuck on the right hand side of the bootlid.

So who's telling the truth,is it available in Germany but not UK ??????

I'm with you Scooby... I'm really confused. I emailed VW back tonight and mentioned the German website and added the link so let see if anything comes back, also I'll call their cust serv line tomorrow and see if I can flush any info out.

My order window has an interim closure tomorrow where they send off the orders placed to date. I've tempted to hold on a few more weeks to clarify the engine position as it's going to cost me a difference in the region of £50 p/m (including tax) if I go from from manual to DSG with the current engines and when I look at the overall lease costs and tax, it's more that I planned to pay.

With such long lead times on delivery, a few weeks isn't the end of the world - especially when I have to live with my choice of car for 4yrs.

Drifty
20-10-2010, 04:24 PM
I called the customer service number on the VW UK website and also called Citygate Watford and asked about the engines.

Neither one knew of any changes to the current engines. The guy at Citygate also looked on the VW "internal system" so see if any updates had been posted anout forthcoming changes and there was no details.

I did ask about why the German website (and only the German) is showing different engines but neither VW or Citygate knew why this may be.

No response back from my email contact at VW either.

Like my post on the Ambient lighting thread, don't shoot the messenger, just passing the info on...

So Scooby....I'm officially at sadandconfused.com now/

rmccardal
20-10-2010, 04:29 PM
From my dealer

There is much truth behind the rumours. Volkswagen has announced that it is introducing new Diesel engines, and different switches for the airconditioning.

Scooby-Doo
20-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Drifty,I'm not at "sad&confused.com" more plain "confused.com".
I ordered my car in July, and to be honest, if it turns up exactly as it was then I'll be more than happy.If it turns up with "Bluemotion" and repositioned switches then that'll be a bonus.I appreciate that Bluemotion means a lot of money for some business users but it probably only means an extra couple of miles a gallon for me.

boredofwaiting
20-10-2010, 06:14 PM
I got this from VW today...

As we are currently going through some very frustrating times, I wanted to update you with information that we received from Volkswagen late last night, regarding outstanding orders.

All vehicles not yet confirmed for build will be subject to Week 45 / 2011 model year update. Although on some models, these enhancements are very minor and mainly cosmetic, the changes that need to be made behind the scenes are a much bigger challenge than first realised. Volkswagen have brought in a team to manually make the changes, as the 2 systems are not ' talking to each other'. They are treating this as a matter of urgency, now that they understand what the issue is.

We believe that vehicles should have build weeks back in place by the end of the week, and so we hope to update you at the beginning of next week.

Volkswagen have a commitment to factory, for vehicles to be built, so we are assured that build weeks will fall back in line.

Thank you for your ongoing patience. We promise to let you know more as soon as we do.

---

So incredibly frustrated with this - to not even have a built date is ridiculous. Order placed at the end of August. If the CC wasn't so attractive I'd have taken a BMW long ago.

Scooby-Doo
20-10-2010, 10:57 PM
If the CC wasn't so attractive I'd have taken a

That's a really difficult question,there was nothing that really made me want to change my current car apart from the CC at the price.

shefwhite
21-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Afertnoon Guys

Ordered my CC 17th July, just been informed today that my build week has now slipped to 47 and delivery date to W/C 20th December.

Also informed that VW have changed their procedure regarding the CC and orders running more than 16 week are entitled to a loan car, great news although they also state this does not include three 3 weeks their order system was offline.

So at week 19 from order we should all be receiving a loan car to see us until the CC arrives. Here's hoping

ednaroad
21-10-2010, 03:13 PM
I bet the loan cars are not FOC

shefwhite
21-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I bet the loan cars are not FOC

FOC as far as I am aware, dealer said VW are expecting to lose a lot of money having to do it!

ednaroad
21-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Well I am glad to hear someone is getting firm information about their order...I on the other hand am still in the dark, still no build week, still racking up the mileage in overtime.
If I were VW I would be delaying the new B7 until the new year to help clear some of the backlog, but who am I to comment.....just a four time customer.

cc170gt
25-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Finally got confirmed build week 45 . No information on any changes to spec other than possible reduction in CO2 emissions but not confirmed .

rmccardal
25-10-2010, 01:15 PM
When was this order placed?

Finally got confirmed build week 45 . No information on any changes to spec other than possible reduction in CO2 emissions but not confirmed .

shefwhite
25-10-2010, 01:16 PM
When was this order placed?

What date did you place your order?

cc170gt
25-10-2010, 03:28 PM
28/06/2010

vwparly
25-10-2010, 03:37 PM
28/06/2010

CC170GT,

With that build week, when are they saying that you will get delivery, or have they not gone that far yet?!;)

ta

cc170gt
25-10-2010, 03:47 PM
week 49 . No mention of stop/start from dealer .

vwparly
25-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks,

I have been on to my leasing company today again asking for an update, but still no reply. I dont actually know when the order went in as they had it on order before i signed up for it (early September). Going by your dates, even if they had it on order in Mid August then i guess there is a chance i may get mine at the end of January :beerchug:

I have also asked them about the 16 week loan car thing as they havent mentioned that before to me.

Will keep updating if i hear anything:aargh4:

Just so i know - what 'week' are we on now? 42 was my guess

cc170gt
25-10-2010, 04:05 PM
This is week 43 . I asked about loan car & dealer said he would speak to VW UK about it .

Drifty
26-10-2010, 02:21 PM
From today's webchat on the whatcar.com website...

me --> Hi - I've heard rumors that VW are to change the engines on the Passat CC range to use Bluemotion/more efficient engines. The German and French VW sites are already showing them - are you aware of any changes to the UK models?

Barnaby Jones -->
Two new engines will be available in Passat CCs built from 8th November. The 2.0 TDI 140 and 170 will be replaced with more economical and lower-CO2 Bluemotion Technology 140 and 170 versions. Exact figures haven’t been revealed, but check whatcar.com (http://whatcar.com/) nearer the time for full details.

So this all looks to fall in line with the build week 45 info...

vwparly
26-10-2010, 02:51 PM
nice info - Would make the wait a bit less painfull if this does come true (the bluemotion stuff). :beerchug:

Been on to my lease company today and they have told me the loan car for 16 weeks only applies to retail customers :mad:, though they are trying to do something about a hire car for me.

Although i havent got my own info yet have heard that build weeks are coming through in January. Will let you know when i hear anything else.

Scooby-Doo
26-10-2010, 02:52 PM
French VW sites are already showing them

My french isn't that good but it also specs "stop/start" as well for the CC as part of the bluemotion kit.Where's the "off" button going to be ??

Drifty
26-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Been on to my lease company today and they have told me the loan car for 16 weeks only applies to retail customers :mad:, though they are trying to do something about a hire car for me.

Nightmare - I'm lucky that I'm going from one company car to another so my current lease has been pushed out until the end of Q1 or the new car delivery date - whichever comes first.

Hopefully they will sort something out for you!!

cc170gt
26-10-2010, 04:50 PM
My dealer tells me 170 version dropping from 146 > 129 co2 emissions .

IanFromAylesbury
26-10-2010, 07:35 PM
I was told by a dealer the TDI 170 DSG is dropping from 159 to to below 150 for the Bluemotion version. However, looking on the VW French site its looks like it only reduces to 154 (but I can't speak french!). I hope it's wrong and it really is below 150.

vwparly
26-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Jon,

sounds like we are in almost exactly the same position. i dont know exactly when my lease company ordered the car, but i suspect some time in August.

Post anything you hear!

andyhamer28
27-10-2010, 12:13 AM
I was told by a dealer the TDI 170 DSG is dropping from 159 to to below 150 for the Bluemotion version. However, looking on the VW French site its looks like it only reduces to 154 (but I can't speak french!). I hope it's wrong and it really is below 150.

I thought I would try and help out with the french website although I am certainly not fluent!

It looks like the 154g/km that you have seen is for the TDI 4motion 170 DSG (not sure that is even available in the UK CCs!?)

The normal TDI 170 DSG shows 144g/km (129g for the manual).

The TDI 140 DSG shows 139g/km (125g for the manual).

jon.kelly
27-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Jon,

sounds like we are in almost exactly the same position. i dont know exactly when my lease company ordered the car, but i suspect some time in August.

Post anything you hear!

VWParly,

Ive now cancelled my car as I was told i would be receiving the car in april! I've now ordered a Audi a4 2.0 technik which has all the same kit as the CC but is costing me around £100 a month more.

If you can wait until april then great, but I dont think that they will guarantee the price reductions past march from what i am told.

vwparly
27-10-2010, 01:03 PM
VWParly,

Ive now cancelled my car as I was told i would be receiving the car in april! I've now ordered a Audi a4 2.0 technik which has all the same kit as the CC but is costing me around £100 a month more.

If you can wait until april then great, but I dont think that they will guarantee the price reductions past march from what i am told.

Well, I can see why you would cancel if they said April. I am still being told that mine should be built in January with a February delivery at the latest. If they say its any later I may well look elsewhere though.

ednaroad
27-10-2010, 02:03 PM
APRIL!! SERIOUSLY!! - I can see their order books reducing by one more if that's true.

rmccardal
28-10-2010, 09:07 AM
April delivery!!! when was that car ordered?

Jokers.

Drifty
29-10-2010, 08:17 PM
My order was placed within the last 10 days (not sure of the exact date my company passed the order to the lease company (Leaseplan)

Today I received an order confirmation email from the lease company with an expected delivery date of ......... 04/04/11 :-/

This is not confirmed but VW will be doing this within the next 2 weeks.

Once I get the confirmed date from VW I'll post and that will give some indication on how long new orders are taking....

ednaroad
01-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Got my build week - Ordered 25/8 - build week 51 - Delivery end of January - courtesy car from 16weeks.

vwparly
01-11-2010, 11:59 AM
hey - good news there Edna! :beerchug:

ties in with what my lease guy was telling me on Friday. Said that mine hadn't been allocated yet but was expecting it on Friday this week. Ties in with the fact i ordered mine the week after you did.

I gave up trying to live life without a car after a whole 2 weeks. Having looked at rental I decided to go with a Top Gear Challenge approach and bought myself a little Ford Ka! I dont think i will be able to make any cash on it, but i am likely to save myself about a grand compared hiring for 3 months!

never know - i may even be able to convince my wife to learn to drive - she quite likes it! :biglaugh:

Scooby-Doo
01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Just called my dealer to check my week 45 build,was 44, only to be told that it's been put back until week 49 whaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!
:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::a argh4::aargh4::aargh4:

vwparly
01-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Holy crap Scooby - that sucks.:aargh4:

will you at least be able to get the free hire car from them?

Scooby-Doo
01-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Minus points-
The wait is a bit frustrating.
Will my tyres last till January,better look after them.

Plus points - Still got my car to drive,private purchase so part-ex when CC turns up.
New car will have week 45 updates.
Will probably be 2011 registered.
VW tell me that the price is fixed and increase VAT will not apply.

Mixed feelings about the wait really.

Confirmed new build week = 49

BarCar
09-11-2010, 12:34 PM
My CC GT order, placed on 30 July, was supposed to be built in week 43. That came and went and I have been told by the dealer that my the order has "status code 20" which means "factory ordered" and we are waiting for a new build week to be confirmed.

rmccardal
09-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Complete madness!

I have had my 'case' escalated back to the same lady that solved my optional extra system errors last time. She is a customer liaison officer for Chris Craft (MD VWUK) so hopefully she can at least provide me with some information on the delays. I am also aiming for an early loan car.

My CC GT order, placed on 30 July, was supposed to be built in week 43. That came and went and I have been told by the dealer that my the order has "status code 20" which means "factory ordered" and we are waiting for a new build week to be confirmed.

BarCar
12-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I've just been told I'll have this order by Christmas.

Scooby-Doo
12-11-2010, 09:19 PM
I've just been told I'll have this order by Christmas

Ah but did they say which christmas.:biglaugh:
My original build week was 44, so if you were originally week 43, then before christmas is probably right.

benway
16-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Latest update from my broker is:|

‘The update is showing that your vehicle has been assigned to factory with no production week scheduled to date’

Which doesn't really help much.......

Drifty
17-11-2010, 02:45 PM
My lease company has now allocated my order to a dealer. Just had a confirmation call to review spec, etc. Current outlook is now mid to end April 2011.

Although, she did say that the production of DSG cars is due to be ramped up in the new year so the delivery date could come in a little (I get the impression this would be a few weeks maximum - not months).

So.... 5mths, the countdown begins...

IanRG
18-11-2010, 06:58 PM
I ordered mine in the beginning of September, still no delivery date!
Just wondered has anyone had any form of compensation from VW to make up for the inflated lead times?

Ian.

ednaroad
18-11-2010, 07:35 PM
The only gesture at the minute appears to be a courtesy car from 16 weeks of your order.

cc170gt
19-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Got support car from vw on monday 15/11/10. 20 weeks wait . Phoned VW customer services today & was informed car at port awaiting ship , told car will be with dealer in 4 weeks . I was under impression ship only takes 24-28 hours to reach uk ?:confused::1zhelp:

cullinp
19-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Got support car from vw on monday 15/11/10. 20 weeks wait . Phoned VW customer services today & was informed car at port awaiting ship , told car will be with dealer in 4 weeks . I was under impression ship only takes 24-28 hours to reach uk ?:confused::1zhelp:

I'm due my support car last week of December. I'm assuming these are stock hire cars from Avis/National etc??

If so, I want my to mirror the car that I'm missing i.e. 2.0 TDI with all the trimmings......

Interested to see what arrives on Monday for you CC170GT?

cc170gt
19-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Got car on monday past , Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 cdti sri . Supplied through Europcar .

Scooby-Doo
20-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Mine's a private purchase and had got a fixed part ex for my car,the dealer wanted my TT in for resale last week and I've got a 1.2 VW Fox for the next six weeks.
Had a MKI and MKII TT for the past 5 years,nice clean driving licence,had the 54bhp Fox for two days and booked for speeding on Tuesday :mad::mad:
At least everybody in work had a good a good laugh.

kevinfraser
22-11-2010, 02:37 PM
My CC GT140 was ordered on 5th July and i am collecting it on Thursday, this week. Waited long enough, cant wait to drive it home/

cc170gt
22-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Spoke to dealer today , car still sitting at port in Emden . Two boats landed in Grimsby over weekend but my car not on either of them . :zx11:

ednaroad
22-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Juicy gossip and pics regarding the week 45+ updates I hope from you lucky people receiving their cars in the near future!

rmccardal
23-11-2010, 12:02 PM
From my dealer. I may have mocked the Analogue clock ... lol

Hang on Ross, the odd looking analogue clock is in fact the ultra trendy, stylish and upmarket change to the Passat interior for the new model Passat Saloon and Estate due for launch in January 2011. The Passat CC is not scheduled for a change of this type until January 2012, when there will be other changes such as a diffuser type arrangement at the rear (and very nice it looks too, but then I am anticipating, with some optimism, that your car will be here before then).

vwparly
23-11-2010, 12:19 PM
haha - I am liking your dealers optimism - whilst being slightly worried about his styling opinions!

When have you been told that its coming?

fordgt40
23-11-2010, 04:29 PM
From my dealer. I may have mocked the Analogue clock ... lol

Hang on Ross, the odd looking analogue clock is in fact the ultra trendy, stylish and upmarket change to the Passat interior for the new model Passat Saloon and Estate due for launch in January 2011. The Passat CC is not scheduled for a change of this type until January 2012, when there will be other changes such as a diffuser type arrangement at the rear (and very nice it looks too, but then I am anticipating, with some optimism, that your car will be here before then).

I ordered my car 24th August, I've been told by VW customer care that the build date will probably be week 1 2011 and also that it will have all the upgrades as shown on the German web site, analogue clock etc..... does anyone really know what's going on?

vwparly
23-11-2010, 05:00 PM
I ordered mine at the start of September, so only just after you, and was told today that the dealer should be recieving the car on 28th February. I havent been told what build week that actually is, but have asked - along with when i will actually get the thing!

JonMarsh
23-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I ordered my car 24th August, I've been told by VW customer care that the build date will probably be week 1 2011 and also that it will have all the upgrades as shown on the German web site, analogue clock etc..... does anyone really know what's going on?

The best description I've seen for the new configuration is the post from Drifty on the Week 45 thread (thanks, by the way, Drifty):

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=108248&page=2

I wish all dealers were so helpful. I travel around the country quite a bit and have been popping into VW dealers when I'm close by to try and get the latest info. I've not come across any that have given me that level of detail - in fact many of them haven't got a clue and are positively misleading.

rmccardal
24-11-2010, 12:49 PM
I have been allocated a provisional build week of 01. Est delivery last week in Jan.

Order placed with broker 26 aug.
Order placed by dealer 8 Sep.
Order accepted onto VW system 1 oct (due to errors with new systems and my optional extras)

Not too bad really. Thanks to all the hassle and dealings along the way I think I have been pushed up the queue by about 3-4 weeks.

Scooby-Doo
29-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Called my dealer this afternoon (Note: "I" called the dealer ) to be told that my car is now week 48,this week, so a week early.So I'm hoping that it's either on a really fast ferry so I'll have it the week before christmas or on a slow boat to china so I'll have it in 2011.Don't want it turning up between those dates as it'll probably end in some form of grief with the dealer wanting me to take it before 2011.

cc170gt
30-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Still waiting for my week 45 car . Still at port of Emden , not moved for week & a half now .

Scooby-Doo
30-11-2010, 09:57 AM
What a way to run a railway.That's ridiculous,they produce the car late and now it's waiting for a ship.With the weather as it is I wonder how long it'll wait in Grimsby for a transporter.

ednaroad
30-11-2010, 09:43 PM
We've had 8-9 inches of snow today - so glad I didn't order candy white as I fear I may have lost it! I'm actually struggling to see the black one.

cc170gt
30-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Spoke to dealer today , he tells me the last update he got was car at checkpoint 7 on the 5/11/10 . He tried to contact customer services but as of 4.15pm today was still unable to get through to them , he will try again tomorrow. He informed me this has happened before & he found out where cars where when they arrived at dealership . I know more than him . If no info tomorrow i will phone customer services myself on thursday . ( Car maybe melted in snow ) lol.

cc170gt
01-12-2010, 10:33 PM
This is reply i got from dealer today. Quote >

Bad news.

Your car is still in the factory. Customer services told me this today. VW reported earlier this week that there were issues with the black trim on Touareg, it appears that this also affects CC. I have copied their quote below.

We have received a high number of calls about Touareg orders that are being delayed at 'Check point 7'. The Factory has confirmed that this has been caused by a restricted supply of decorative inserts.

Unfortunately, we cannot confirm whether this is a short-term or long-term delay, but will keep you updated on Desktop.

As you can see, we really do not know when it will be released. Obviously VW will not take the hire car from you until yours does arrive.

Regards

Scooby-Doo
02-12-2010, 11:36 AM
170GT :
You posted that your car was at checkpoint 7 on the 5/11/10 which is week 44 and later told it was at port awaiting shipment,and now it is awaiting Black trim.(So much for VW CS)
Do you know whether your car is 2011 model or not.I'm getting a bit worried about my car now as I've also specced the Black trim.It does not appear as an option on the NEW Passat saloon and not on the CC on the German website.Although I'm build week 48 (this week) I'm wondering whether it's going to be 2011 model or like yours a 2010 waiting for Black trim.:confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used:

cc170gt
02-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Just spoke to vwcs , car now at checkpoint 8 ( onroute from factory to emden port ). Probably 3-4 weeks to reach uk due to some port closures caused by adverse weather conditions & backlog of cars at port. Confirmed as week 45 build . My dealer said it will be january before i get car now but i am ok with that while i have my support car.

Scooby-Doo
02-12-2010, 12:36 PM
now at checkpoint 8 ( onroute from factory to emden port ).

In view of all the "fairy stories" you've been told I don't want to add to your woes but the en-route distance is about 300 metres.Do a google earth on the port of Emden and they can virually push the car from the factory to the ship.

cc170gt
02-12-2010, 01:17 PM
I know what you mean , but at least it is through checkpoint 7.

davej_523
02-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Ordered mine on Tuesday at the old VAT rate. I guess I just sit back and wait for about 6/7 months now !!!!!

GT 170 DSG, Autumn Brown, Sunroof, Black Nappa, Burr Walnut.

Gregmeister
06-12-2010, 03:20 PM
I wonder ... has anyone actually received a new 2011 spec (week 45+) car as yet?
I ordered my CC in late September (170 GT manual with aircon nappa, keyless entry, MDI and heated screen) and so far the expected delivery date I have been given by the lease company is supposed to be 1st week in January 2011. Reading some of the posts on here, I expect that has gone out of the window but I'd kind of hope the car will be the new version!

Scooby-Doo
06-12-2010, 03:47 PM
delivery date I have been given by the lease company is supposed to be 1st week in January 2011

I think that the date might be slightly optimistic,ordered mine on 10th July and I'll be lucky to get it in the first week of Jan 2011.
I think CC170GT will be the first on here to get week 45 car.

Gregmeister
06-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I just sent an email to the lease company asking for an update ... or the contact details of somone at VW I can pester for more news. This is the first car I've ever ordered from new so I'm finding it all the more exciting!!

Come on VW, pull your finger out & give us our cars!!

fordgt40
06-12-2010, 04:07 PM
I wonder ... has anyone actually received a new 2011 spec (week 45+) car as yet?
I ordered my CC in late September (170 GT manual with aircon nappa, keyless entry, MDI and heated screen) and so far the expected delivery date I have been given by the lease company is supposed to be 1st week in January 2011. Reading some of the posts on here, I expect that has gone out of the window but I'd kind of hope the car will be the new version!

Ordered mine early August, 170GT DSG, order confirmed 24th August, (why does it take 2 weeks to process the order) provisional build week 01, 2011, I have been told it will be the new model.

I tried to amend the order by adding a heated windscreen and was told I couldn't as the order had been 'frozen' and there's me thinking you could change the order just prior to build time but it seems you have to do a month or more before.

Gregmeister
06-12-2010, 04:09 PM
sounds promissing then ....

FYI everyone .. the UK website now has the new spec pitures on !!

EDIT well the main 'Interior' image is the new one ... the others are still the originals

cc170gt
06-12-2010, 04:24 PM
My car was built week 45 but still in port of Emden . Dealer says i will not have car until January but i am ok with that because i have a vw supplied support car to drive in this weather.

Gregmeister
06-12-2010, 05:10 PM
My car was built week 45 but still in port of Emden . Dealer says i will not have car until January but i am ok with that because i have a vw supplied support car to drive in this weather.

good stuff CC170gt ... I look forward to seeing the pictures!

rmccardal
06-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Anyone noticed that the new interior 360 pic with the analogue clock on also has a MINGING bury bolt on bluetooth kit preset??? lol

it's back to haunt us.:aargh4:

vwparly
06-12-2010, 08:06 PM

hi and welcome aboard!

I ordered mine at the start of September, and having at first been told november by my lease company the last update i had was they vw have intimated the car should be at the dealer on 28th Feb.

Will be most interested if you do get a Jan delivery - i'll be on to my lease company like a shot:aargh4:

Scooby-Doo
06-12-2010, 08:19 PM
MINGING bury bolt on bluetooth kit preset

First "thing" I noticed,but after looking at the picture I decided that it was a quickly put together remake of the old view.Somebody's done a really poor job of the clock face ,looks like a blob,so hopefully the thing won't be on the new car.RNS315 is supposed to be Bluetooth compatable.

Gregmeister
06-12-2010, 08:52 PM
First "thing" I noticed,but after looking at the picture I decided that it was a quickly put together remake of the old view.Somebody's done a really poor job of the clock face ,looks like a blob,so hopefully the thing won't be on the new car.RNS315 is supposed to be Bluetooth compatable.

hmm I did wonder what that was. now I look at the picture, you can see it's a poorly put together image .... such a shame they havent done it properly. All the c,ose ups show the original version. It also still lists the RNS310 instead of the 315.

Drifty
07-12-2010, 09:41 AM
It certainly is a awful mockup. They would have been better to use the German pics and photoshop them from left to right hand drive and adjust the labelling, etc

They have the start/stop button in view, but if you click on the gearstick you get a pic without it.... very shoddy. also, I notice they haven't changed the DSG gearstick to the newer design yet...

Seems odd the German website has been updated for weeks - and yet the UK one is changing bits here and there ... first the engine emissions details dropped, then a few weeks after they labelled the engines as bluetooth, then a couple of weeks later a ropry 360 mockup.

I thought German = quality and efficiency:biglaugh:

jonnymatrix
07-12-2010, 10:14 AM
We have 2 cars on order at work. 1 was ordered Mid August and this has now been confirmed as Built to the new spec and on a Boat to the UK. Not sure why people who ordered in July are still waiting when this one is clearly on its way over. This was confirmed by the dealer who is taking delivery of it. We are told it will be there before Christmas!

Second one was ordered in Early October but as yet no build week has been given.

Scooby-Doo
07-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Mid August and this has now been confirmed as Built to the new spec and on a Boat to the UK

:confused::confused::confused:
Are these standard cars ? Additional spec might delay some cars.CC170GT's car was delayed,apparently,because of the Piano Black trim which I've also specced.

jonnymatrix
07-12-2010, 10:22 AM
:confused::confused::confused:
Are these standard cars ? Additional spec might delay some cars.CC170GT's car was delayed,apparently,because of the Piano Black trim which I've also specced.

Sorry should have said the spec.

The car on its way is a standard GT140 in Candy white. Mine is standard GT140 but in Pearl Black paint.

jonnymatrix
07-12-2010, 11:02 AM
On another note the guy who ordered in August now had a Loan car which he got bang on 16 weeks. Unfortunatly EuroCar dint have many cars available so he ended up with a Skoda octavia. Poor him!

Gregmeister
07-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Sorry should have said the spec.

The car on its way is a standard GT140 in Candy white. Mine is standard GT140 but in Pearl Black paint.

Pleas can you post up some decent quality pics of the *new* interior when one of these cars arrives.

jonnymatrix
07-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Pleas can you post up some decent quality pics of the *new* interior when one of these cars arrives.

Certainly will. I will post pics of everything I can :)

Gregmeister
07-12-2010, 04:42 PM
On another note the guy who ordered in August now had a Loan car which he got bang on 16 weeks. Unfortunatly EuroCar dint have many cars available so he ended up with a Skoda octavia. Poor him!
I think gone are the days when Skoda could be considered to be a poorly made car. After all, it's now part of the VAG group & probably shares a significant number of parts with the CC!

jonnymatrix
07-12-2010, 04:43 PM
I think gone are the days when Skoda could be considered to be a poorly made car. After all, it's now part of the VAG group & probably shares a significant number of parts with the CC!

Agreed but for me a Skoda will always be a "skoda" Its not a patch on a CC

shefwhite
07-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Just got my Courtesy Car today! 1.4 petrol golf, despite being told that it would be a similar spec to my CC, only thing they had left as they are servicing that many VW customers.

CC now due on the 15th Dec, lets see what arrives, upgrades or not?

Scooby-Doo
07-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Well,I finally lost it today :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I've waited patiently for 22 weeks now and my car was due for build in week 48,last week.Arranged with my dealer to ring me this afternoon with an update,VW do this on Tuesdays and Fridays.Waited until 3.30 and no call so I rang the dealer and was told that my salesman was on the phone but she would leave him a note that I had rung.
3.50 I get a one line text and a one line e-mail "car at factory status,will update you on Friday" ah well, call me old fashioned,but when I'm spending £27k on a car I expect a better response.I had a few choice words with the salesman and I don't think he'll text me again. Still don't know if my car's built or not though.

Gregmeister
07-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Well,I finally lost it today :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I've waited patiently for 22 weeks now and my car was due for build in week 48,last week.Arranged with my dealer to ring me this afternoon with an update,VW do this on Tuesdays and Fridays.Waited until 3.30 and no call so I rang the dealer and was told that my salesman was on the phone but she would leave him a note that I had rung.
3.50 I get a one line text and a one line e-mail "car at factory status,will update you on Friday" ah well, call me old fashioned,but when I'm spending £27k on a car I expect a better response.I had a few choice words with the salesman and I don't think he'll text me again. Still don't know if my car's built or not though.

Blimey, that is pretty poor service ...

jonnymatrix
07-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Just got my Courtesy Car today! 1.4 petrol golf, despite being told that it would be a similar spec to my CC, only thing they had left as they are servicing that many VW customers.

CC now due on the 15th Dec, lets see what arrives, upgrades or not?

The guy at work was also told there were no cars available other than a golf or ford focus, he complained to VW about the spec he was promised and then EuroCar suddenly "Found" the skoda octavia. Sounds like they might well be trying to pull fast ones on people!

Gregmeister
09-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Had a response from my lease company today. Apparently my car (ordere confirmed on 22 September 2010) will be the Week 45+ spec as I thought. They say its still on for delivery at teh begining of Jan ... BUT that is only an 'estimated' date .... very non-commital

BarCar
09-12-2010, 06:15 PM
My CC GT, ordered 30 July, arrived at the dealer's today. Surprised (and delighted) to see it's the new spec.

Down side is that DVLA aren't set up to be able to tax the 2011 model yet! VW UK are supposed to sort it with DVLA overnight so I can drive away tomorrow.

Long wait... but chuffed to get the new spec.

Drifty
09-12-2010, 06:39 PM
nice, just in time for the weekend.:biglaugh:

Enjoy - and please post pics, especially of the new spec items.

Thx - D

Gregmeister
09-12-2010, 06:55 PM
nice, just in time for the weekend.:biglaugh:

Enjoy - and please post pics, especially of the new spec items.

Thx - D

What he said ;)

JonMarsh
09-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Looks like your the first on this forum to receive the new spec - be prepared to be asked loads of questions!!!

Hope you get to pick it up tomorrow - enjoy!:beerchug:

vwparly
09-12-2010, 09:16 PM
My CC GT, ordered 30 July, arrived at the dealer's today. Surprised (and delighted) to see it's the new spec.

Down side is that DVLA aren't set up to be able to tax the 2011 model yet! VW UK are supposed to sort it with DVLA overnight so I can drive away tomorrow.

Wow - gratz man - glad you are getting the bsuiness at DVLA done so we dont have the same problem. first in the country is quite something!

pics pics pics!!!! :beerchug:

Scooby-Doo
10-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Ho,Ho,Ho Santa's come early,what colour is it.

BarCar
10-12-2010, 10:38 AM
It's Pearl Black.

Just had call from dealer and VW UK didn't get it sorted with the DVLA overnight. Dealer is trying to beat up VW to get it sorted today but it's looking unlikely.

If I don't get it by lunchtime it will be Monday before I can collect it. Wife will not be happy going away for the weekend in old car :-(

Wouldn't mind so much if I hadn't paid for it and insured it...

Drifty
10-12-2010, 12:12 PM
why is it this type of thing always happens on a Friday when there is no time to fix before the weekend. :zx11:

fingers crossed for you ;)

Scooby-Doo
10-12-2010, 02:06 PM
If I don't get it by lunchtime it will be Monday before I can collect it. Wife will not be happy going away for the weekend in old car :-(

Borrow their "Trade" plates for the weekend.;)

Scooby-Doo
10-12-2010, 09:38 PM
:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:Where's the nearest cliff.............................

Originally ordered my car on 10th July with one option being "folding mirrors ".The following day I noticed that if you spec the 12 way electric seats you get the mirrors with the package so I changed my spec to reflect this and pointed out to the salesman that he needed to delete the mirrors before adding the electric seats.He rang a few days later to say that the VW system wouldn't accept my order as there was an error occurring,reminded him to delete the mirrors and hey presto the order was accepted.
Car was then Build 44 then 45 and then went to 49 and finally back to 48.
I was eagerly awaiting build last week and as posted was showing at"Factory Status" on Tuesday but no more info.
My original salesman left the dealership about a month ago and my new contact was told by his manager to check that the spec on my car was correct and unfortunately he noticed that it wasn't showing "folding mirrors".Well bless his heart he somehow managed to update the order and as of today my car has not yet been built as "there is a conflict with options ordered on my car"
So I again pointed out to my new salesman that if he checked the brochure it lists the seats and mirrors as a package and just as clearly states that folding mirrors and electric seats can't be ordered together.
So car not built,no info as to when and delivery even further away.:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

Gregmeister
11-12-2010, 12:00 AM
gutted for you man ... I hope they start churning them out a bit quicker!! MY old lease car is about to fall apart!

BarCar
11-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Well I waited until 1430 on Friday but VW and the DVLA hadn't sorted it out and we were driving from south London up north for a family weekend. VW offered a meal out as compensation. Just as we got in the M11 the dealer called to say it was sorted. Nooooo! To late to turn back so it will be Monday now. At least others can tax it now. Sorry not to gave it for such a long drive this weekend. Dealer has been very helpful.

Scooby-Doo
11-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Called my dealer this morning - build week 7 - as technically it was a new order once the folding mirrors were removed and delivery March 2011.
More totally frustrated than angry:(:( 9 months wait.

Drifty
11-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Called my dealer this morning - build week 7 - as technically it was a new order once the folding mirrors were removed and delivery March 2011.

that's unbelievable..... absolute nightmare. I'm gutted for you.

I'm still awaiting news on a build week for me. I've chased the dealer for nearly two weeks and nothing.... I guess looking at your being bw 7 and march delivery - I'm looking at bw 11'ish as my estimated delivery is April....

rmccardal
11-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Scooby, do NOT accept that. Take it to the top. Email vw cust serv with subject 'FAO Chris Craft' Detail the whole saga and demand a call. One of his people will call you rather quickly ;-)

They can and will build it quicker than that.

cc170gt
11-12-2010, 06:55 PM

Sorry to hear you're bad news. Havn't heard anything more about mine . You should definately push for a compensation package from VW or dealer .

Scooby-Doo
11-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks for all the sympathy,as I said,more frustrated than angry.I'm looking at the bright side at the moment,They only reduced my part-ex price for "October" delivery by £300 back in july and I've got a Fox on loan until the new car turns up.Although I haven't yet got it writing I've been promised that I won't have to pay the extra VAT or the forthcoming price rise,circa £350.So 9 months motoring is going to cost me £300,I'll have the new model and it'll be an 11 plate.Downside is I'm stressed out waiting for it to turn up and I don't have a "plaything" anymore.On opening my garage door in the morning the fox doesn't quite give me that warm feeling of ""mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice" Maybe I should get a life.:D

Ps cc170GT - any idea where it is and what's happening. Rmccardal- I might just ring customer services on Monday,I've got nothing to lose.

cc170gt
11-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks for all the sympathy,as I said,more frustrated than angry.I'm looking at the bright side at the moment,They only reduced my part-ex price for "October" delivery by £300 back in july and I've got a Fox on loan until the new car turns up.Although I haven't yet got it writing I've been promised that I won't have to pay the extra VAT or the forthcoming price rise,circa £350.So 9 months motoring is going to cost me £300,I'll have the new model and it'll be an 11 plate.Downside is I'm stressed out waiting for it to turn up and I don't have a "plaything" anymore.On opening my garage door in the morning the fox doesn't quite give me that warm feeling of ""mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice" Maybe I should get a life.:D

Ps cc170GT - any idea where it is and what's happening. Rmccardal- I might just ring customer services on Monday,I've got nothing to lose.

Think it is in Emden still . Not getting it until January anyway . BTW not paying extra VAT either , my dealer know's this anyway . Push for car upgrade + compo . I got brand new Insignia 160 sri cdti until car arrives , Fox not comparable imo. All the best .

stephenl
11-12-2010, 09:17 PM
to add to the tales of woe. ordered black passat cc gt 140 dsg with electric folding mirrors, rns510 and badge deletion in mid sept 2010. dealer thinks delivery april 2011.
no build week as yet. dealer will trade in my touareg in jan2011and supply loan car till cc arrives.

cullinp
12-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Similar story, returned from a cruise holiday to the Canaries on Friday to an email informing that I'm now eligible for the VW relief car supplied by Europcar.

My lease company are being straight with me though, they've still not recd a build week from VW. I intend to ensure that I get a suitable "comparable" car from Europcar and just wait it out.

Heard some horror stories on here re Astra's and Ford Focus being supplied......not having that.

vwparly
12-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Cullin,

you are leasing and getting a hire car from VW?

I asked my Lease co about this and they told me it was only available to retail custiomers.

Grateful if you could clarify.

VWPARLY

cullinp
12-12-2010, 12:31 AM
I read the same thing on here, but 100% can confirm I'm leasing and getting my relief car from VW this week.

ednaroad
12-12-2010, 11:45 AM
I read the same thing on here, but 100% can confirm I'm leasing and getting my relief car from VW this week.

Me too - getting mine on Thursday and also won't be accepting an inferior loan car!

phil140
13-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Many apologies if this is old news, if it is i am really surprised that this was not general knowledge as the forum members on here seem quite switched on.

The simple and concise fact is that 'your' cars have been built and are impressing their new owners. They have been built and sold on to customers in the Eurozone as that is where VW stand the best chance of actually making any kind of profit on cars like the CC. I read 4/5 pages of this thread and could not believe that someone had not worked it out as people were given so many varied and weak stories by the leasing companys and VW. It is merely common business sense that drives the decision, and it isn't just the Euro. When i worked within the Subaru franchise it was openly discussed that they simply could not afford to bring new models over to the UK as the Yen was too strong at the time (2008). Subaru has maybe the most loyalty and brand retention of any car manufacturer but customers had to wait.

TBH it is hard to blame the bods at VW and the leasing company's that you may be dealing with as these decisions happen at a much higher level and by the financial directors of VAG.

It is fruitless getting upset and wanting to beat the salesman like a ginger haired stepchild. If we had all bought diesel Rover 75's at the time this would never of happened!

Again apologies if this wasn't mentioned by someone 15 pages ago, i only started reading this side of the forum as i have been offered a cheap CC in the trade. After reading about the frustration and length of the delays i shall bang this one on Autotrader for £2k over list!

Hope the new year brings your new steeds gentlemen.

fordgt40
13-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Many apologies if this is old news, if it is i am really surprised that this was not general knowledge as the forum members on here seem quite switched on.

The simple and concise fact is that 'your' cars have been built and are impressing their new owners. They have been built and sold on to customers in the Eurozone as that is where VW stand the best chance of actually making any kind of profit on cars like the CC. I read 4/5 pages of this thread and could not believe that someone had not worked it out as people were given so many varied and weak stories by the leasing companys and VW. It is merely common business sense that drives the decision, and it isn't just the Euro. When i worked within the Subaru franchise it was openly discussed that they simply could not afford to bring new models over to the UK as the Yen was too strong at the time (2008). Subaru has maybe the most loyalty and brand retention of any car manufacturer but customers had to wait.

TBH it is hard to blame the bods at VW and the leasing company's that you may be dealing with as these decisions happen at a much higher level and by the financial directors of VAG.

It is fruitless getting upset and wanting to beat the salesman like a ginger haired stepchild. If we had all bought diesel Rover 75's at the time this would never of happened!

Again apologies if this wasn't mentioned by someone 15 pages ago, i only started reading this side of the forum as i have been offered a cheap CC in the trade. After reading about the frustration and length of the delays i shall bang this one on Autotrader for £2k over list!

Ordered my 170 DSG mid August and the delivery delay made me suspicious that it just wasn't component supply problems so had a word with VW customer care a month or so ago, suggesting exchange rate differences and that VW were sending cars to the rest of the world and not to the UK because it was more profitable, and guess what, they denied it.

ednaroad
13-12-2010, 03:02 PM
PHIL140's point may well have some truth in it but it also must be costing VW a small fortune keeping UK customers in hire cars for months on end. Not sure where the break even point would be but it does not sound like good business to me.

shefwhite
13-12-2010, 03:18 PM
At long last picking up my CC this Friday, for those of you leasing you are entitled to a Courtesy Car, had one for the last 2 weeks!

Told by my Lease Company that it includes the new Bluemotion so hoping for other week 45 upgrades too.

Will post pics over the weekend

Ordered: Candy White with Truffle Leather :biglaugh:

Gregmeister
13-12-2010, 05:55 PM
it will be Monday now.....

So BarCar ..... have you collected it? can yo post up any pics??

rmccardal
13-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Funnily enough I had this chat with my dealer a month or so back now. He was in full agreement with me.

It's simple economics really.

Still, we can still scream and shout at CustServ, it's fun.

BarCar
13-12-2010, 06:35 PM
So BarCar ..... have you collected it? can yo post up any pics??

Collected it this morning :-) and took it out into Kent to stretch it's legs this afternoon. It's such a smooth ride. The bluemotion works well and the DSG gear changes are unnoticable.

Really pleased with the 2011 spec. The clock on the dash looks better than I expected.

Surprised how much stuff just worked without setup - the MDI with my iPod, bluetooth connectivity to an iPhone, SatNav, etc.

Absolutely chuffed!

Will try and get some pics up in the next few days.

skyliner1232002
13-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi BarCar,

Really pleased that you seem to be enjoying the car. Looking forward to some piccies!

Please can you answer a couple of questions to finally lay some of the older debates to bed:-

1. Is the bluetooth properly built into the headunit and is it a standard headunit (RNS315)?

2. Whereabouts is your MDI cable located as it used to be in centre console but I heard others say they had it in the glove box?

I a still waiting for a build date for our 2 company cars we have on order mind you it was only beginning of September that we ordered them so looking at the wait some of the others are having we aren't expecting anything until next March.

Skyliner

BarCar
13-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi BarCar,

Please can you answer a couple of questions to finally lay some of the older debates to bed:-

1. Is the bluetooth properly built into the headunit and is it a standard headunit (RNS315)?

2. Whereabouts is your MDI cable located as it used to be in centre console but I heard others say they had it in the glove box?

Hi Skyliner,

Bluetooth is built in to the standard RNS315 unit. No other boxes required. I just told it to pair with my iPhone 4 and it worked. Paired it with my wife's phone too so you can have more than one phone set up and easily select which one is connected if you are both in the car.

The factory fit MDI cable is in a compartment inside the passenger glove box. There's a generic USB cable and it came with an additional iPod dock cable.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your deliveries.

BarCar
13-12-2010, 07:53 PM
One thing I haven't figured out yet... the RNS315 is supposed to be "DAB compatible" but I don't see that as an option. May it's "compatible" as in "works if you buy an upgrade"?

JonMarsh
13-12-2010, 08:03 PM
One thing I haven't figured out yet... the RNS315 is supposed to be "DAB compatible" but I don't see that as an option. May it's "compatible" as in "works if you buy an upgrade"?

I'm being told that the RNS315 is the only option that now provides DAB and that the RCD510 option is no longer available.

skyliner1232002
13-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Hi BarCar

Many thanks for the answers.

Great news on the Bluetooth as when we ordered ours none of the dealers could answer the question and earlier CC's came with the Bury box mounted on the dash!

It's a pity about the cable in the glove box though! We own a Jeep with an MDI cable and that is also in the glove box. Although its my wife who mainly drives the car, whenever I drive it, it is a pain having to reach across and plug it in. Also I am forever forgeting to remove my phone when I leave the car! Luckily the Jeep also has a harddrive so apart from listening to podcasts I have put our favourite music on that so don't plug it in that often.

Regards
Skyliner

fordgt40
14-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Just been informed by the dealer that the 16 week wait for a hire car has been changed to when the order was accepted in Germany, in my case that was a month ago although the order was accepted by VW UK mid August so was going to have to wait another 2 months for the hire car by which time (hopefully) my car will have arrived.

The dealer argued my case on the grounds of customer satisfaction and loyalty and I have been told I'll get a hire car today.

What's going on, are VW UK feeling the pinch?

jonnymatrix
14-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Theres so many different stories its hard to know whether you are coming or going. All I know is we have 2 cars ordered here both on Personal leases. My Friend got a Hire car out of VW bang on 16 weeks. That was 16 weeks from the very day he placed the order. They was no arguing about dates it just arrived no problem at all. I think different dealers are starting to cut back or not telling the truth in hope people just go away for a few weeks to save some money.

fordgt40
14-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Apparently it's a new directive from VW UK and nothing to do with the dealer

jonnymatrix
14-12-2010, 02:25 PM
I shall be mighty ****** off if that is the case, My current company Car goes back on the 5th January and I was originally told my new car would arrive in January so I managed to get another car for 3 weeks until the Courtesy car came. After that time I am going to be carless if no courtesy car until possibly march which simply isnt acceptible. They can't keep messing people around saying one thing and then another when the time actually comes!

BarCar
14-12-2010, 03:45 PM
A few pics of the 2011 spec. Hope it shows what you're looking for.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_PF12J86Go70/TQeCTL1-x2I/AAAAAAAAAJE/EVgw9V-7EfE/s1024/IMG_0090.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_PF12J86Go70/TQeCXtX23nI/AAAAAAAAAJI/ZZOJw6L765o/s720/IMG_0091.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_PF12J86Go70/TQeCbpd05PI/AAAAAAAAAJM/9DuWdaJypxw/s1024/IMG_0092_2.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_PF12J86Go70/TQeCf06pyQI/AAAAAAAAAJU/QYMVE8r-qnU/s1024/IMG_0093_2.jpg

jonnymatrix
14-12-2010, 03:47 PM
That looks soooooooooooooooooo nice!

Gregmeister
14-12-2010, 04:24 PM
:naughty:
Tar for that BarCar ... that's exactly what I was after .....

I chose the same colour as you too .... looks very tasty!!

I like what they have done with the centre console around the gear lever .... V nice :D

Cant wait now!!

Gregmeister
14-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Are there any distinguishing features between the RNS310 and the RNS315 installed in the 2011 spec cars?

The reason I ask is that I was given the opportunity to test drive a passat CC GT at the weekend and the head unit looks identical to the images seen above.

FYI, I had the car all weekend & it was cracking to drive ...... like night & day compared to the Vectra I have to 'endure' at the moment!!

Scooby-Doo
14-12-2010, 04:43 PM
:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove::approve::approve: Very nice.

jonnymatrix
14-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Are there any distinguishing features between the RNS310 and the RNS315 installed in the 2011 spec cars?

The reason I ask is that I was given the opportunity to test drive a passat CC GT at the weekend and the head unit looks identical to the images seen above.

FYI, I had the car all weekend & it was cracking to drive ...... like night & day compared to the Vectra I have to 'endure' at the moment!!

The more pictures I see the more frustrated I get at VW!

Gregmeister
14-12-2010, 04:56 PM
The more pictures I see the more frustrated I get at VW!

I feel your pain ..... having to hand back the keys to a CC yesterday was not very nice ....

But in true VW form, I requested the test drive back in August and only now did they get round to arranging it!! Still ..... VERY nice car & well worth the wait!

johnloaderuk
14-12-2010, 05:00 PM

The RNS310 looks identical to the RNS315, and 99% works the same. The main thing that really bugs me about my earlier RNS310 is that once a route has been calculated you can't view that entire route on a map, only as a step by step guide, as in a road number list. I like to see the whole route on a map as sometimes I don't want to take the route it suggests, so without getting a map out and checking, or you know your road numbers well, you don't know which way it will take you.
The 315 also has a dedicated virtual internal memory for the navigation data storage, mine is on the removable SD car along with my music files and everything else I store on it. The 315 has the option of 2D or 3D map view, the 310 is 3D only, so there's a couple more options pop up in the menus. It works ok ish, but is a fairly basic sat nav system, and would be greatly improved if you could enter a full 7 digit postcode.
Sorry for the poor photo quality - mobile phone etc.

Gregmeister
14-12-2010, 05:05 PM
thanks for the info johnloaderuk. I found by twiddling the centr knob you could zoom out of the map viw but as you say it doesnt give you a complete view of the route if your travelling any significant distance. Not as polished as a Tomtom but then I didnt expect it would be. Glad to hear about the internal storage ... maybe that will speed up rout calculation time also!

JonMarsh
14-12-2010, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the pics BarCar - I've also gone for the black and it looks great.

Have you managed to get DAB out of the RNS315 yet - I'll be extremely miffed if it doesn't do it (I rely on it in my current B6). I've been told by my dealer that it definitely does DAB. I also had a demo car recently with the RNS310 and the manual was for both the 310 and 315 - from what I remember there was a section on the DAB radio for the 315.

BarCar
14-12-2010, 05:24 PM

I think it would be hard to tell from the head unit.

I haven't seen an RNS310 since I did my test drive last summer. The manual provided covers both the RNS310 & RNS315 and says that differences are highlighted - but on a skim read I didn't see anything obvious. There is only one set of images in the manual for both models.

Talking to the dealer earlier today, best I can tell is that DAB support in the RNS315 is something that may be added as an option later but it's not there today.

The table at the bottom of this page - http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/rns315-GPS-FAQ-VW.htm - compares the two models. The RNS315 has 4GB of internal flash memory for maps and supports Bluetooth media playback (as well as bluetooth phone integration of course).

BarCar
14-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Have you managed to get DAB out of the RNS315 yet

Dealer told me it's compatible but not supported yet. He expected it would be a simple upgrade when it's available.

But to be honest he could be talking out of his hat. Seems the dealers know as little as we do.

Certainly, after much knob twiddling, I haven't found a DAB option. If anybody else figures it out I'd be happy to know...

ednaroad
14-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Many thanks for the pics BarCar! I have itchier feet now as mine will be the same as yours except with the two tone interior.

BarCar
14-12-2010, 07:18 PM
thanks for the info johnloaderuk. I found by twiddling the centr knob you could zoom out of the map viw but as you say it doesnt give you a complete view of the route if your travelling any significant distance. Not as polished as a Tomtom but then I didnt expect it would be. Glad to hear about the internal storage ... maybe that will speed up rout calculation time also!

The RNS315 has an "Overview Map" option which displays the entire route.

Drifty
14-12-2010, 07:58 PM
A few pics of the 2011 spec. Hope it shows what you're looking for.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_PF12J86Go70/TQeCXtX23nI/AAAAAAAAAJI/ZZOJw6L765o/s720/IMG_0091.JPG

Very nice indeed - lucky boy :biglaugh:

What is the button to the right with the yellow light?

BarCar
14-12-2010, 08:11 PM
What is the button to the right with the yellow light?

That's the new location for the electronic parking break. Moved from the dashboard in the 2010 spec if I recall correctly.

skyliner1232002
14-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Whats your opinion on the analogue clock on the dash BarCar, does it look better in the flesh as I am not convinced with it from pictures?

BarCar
14-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Whats your opinion on the analogue clock on the dash BarCar, does it look better in the flesh as I am not convinced with it from pictures?

I think it's an odd design decision (retro) but it does look better than I expected. If I'd been designing I would have run the dash trim seamlessly up to the clock face rather than having the vertical breaks which you can see in the picture with the small bit of silver in a different finish. The clock face itself it pretty unoffensive and lights up nicely (white) with the rest of the dash.

Wife is less convinced than I am. She would have preferred storage drawers for "stuff" as per 2010 spec.

skyliner1232002
14-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Are there still cup holders?

BarCar
14-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Are there still cup holders?

Yes - two in the sliding panel between the gear stick and the arm rest.

vwparly
14-12-2010, 10:47 PM
bizarre question, but are there cup holders in the fold down section in the back - i have two girls who are going to be unhappy of there arent! pic of the back and the armrest down would be nice :-):beerchug:

BarCar
15-12-2010, 02:34 PM
bizarre question, but are there cup holders in the fold down section in the back - i have two girls who are going to be unhappy of there arent! pic of the back and the armrest down would be nice :-):beerchug:

All the cup holder photos you could wish for...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_PF12J86Go70/TQjDcrlRSgI/AAAAAAAAAJw/K8O64FuaQd8/s720/IMG_0094.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_PF12J86Go70/TQjDhMztArI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/r7LBqseIotQ/s720/IMG_0095.JPG

jonnymatrix
15-12-2010, 04:31 PM
One of the new cars ordered has just arrived, Very awesom car!

1 question though, how do you know if the engine is bluemotion or not?

Gregmeister
15-12-2010, 04:46 PM

sorry, cant help on the 'bluemotion question but ...

:beerchug: more pics please :D

vwparly
15-12-2010, 04:47 PM
All the cup holder photos you could wish for...

wow - beside the sheer amount of cupholders - the car looks very classy - just wish i didnt have a wait of more then acouple of months ahead of me! :zx11:

Gregmeister
15-12-2010, 04:59 PM

If it's blue motion, then it should have the start/stop technology? IIRC all the 45+ built cars should be. if its anything like the BMW start/stop system ... the engine should switch off when you pull up, engage auto-hold and take it out of gear. it will then automatically restart when you depress the clutch.

BarCar
15-12-2010, 05:45 PM

The button with an "A with a circular arrow around it" symbol (4th button from bottom on left of gear stick) indicates that the car has "stop-start" which is part of the Bluemotion bundle.

jonnymatrix
15-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Wicked then it does have it. We wondered what that button was for. Such a nice ride!

Drifty
15-12-2010, 07:11 PM
pics pics pics :beerchug:

ednaroad
15-12-2010, 07:19 PM
The button with an "A with a circular arrow around it" symbol (4th button from bottom on left of gear stick) indicates that the car has "stop-start" which is part of the Bluemotion bundle.

How does it work with the DSG? i.e. no clutch to restart.

BarCar
15-12-2010, 07:35 PM
How does it work with the DSG? i.e. no clutch to restart.

When you draw to a stop (foot brake) the engine cuts out. As soon as you take your foot off the brake the engine starts again.

Haven't played around too much but, if you are stopped for long I guess you could flick the parking brake switch or shift the gear to P. will try it out and report back.

Gregmeister
16-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Am I correct in thinking that the park assist was an optional extra that you spec'd with the car rather than a 'now standard' feature? I looked at the park assist with the other extras I wanted but it (and some other options) pushed me over budget.

BarCar
16-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Am I correct in thinking that the park assist was an optional extra that you spec'd with the car rather than a 'now standard' feature?

Yes - it's an option I spec'd.

ednaroad
16-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Received my courtesy car today - You are basically stuck with whatever they have at the time, as it is done on the day. My choice was between a 1.4 Golf or a Mondeo. Guess what I chose!

fordgt40
16-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Received my courtesy car today - You are basically stuck with whatever they have at the time, as it is done on the day. My choice was between a 1.4 Golf or a Mondeo. Guess what I chose!

Got mine yesterday, a Merc B class 160 auto, it's rubbish but better than nothing

vwparly
16-12-2010, 08:58 PM
you guys that just got the cars - when did you order the CC?

ednaroad
16-12-2010, 09:11 PM

16 weeks ago - end of August.

BarCar
16-12-2010, 09:26 PM

30 July for me.

Edit: Realised you meant hire cars not new deliveries. Sorry.

fordgt40
16-12-2010, 09:31 PM

Order received by VW UK 24th August

IanRG
17-12-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm a little confused:confused:
Has anyone on a Lease contract through a 3rd party leasing company been issued with a hire car after 16 weeks? Or is it only applicable to those who "purchase" the car through a dealer?
I ordered my CC in early September through a leasing company so 16 weeks is rapidly approaching!
I imagine I'm the same as everyone else, I just want the car! But, if I'm entitled to some form of compensation, i'll take it.

ednaroad
17-12-2010, 03:14 PM
My order is a lease but through a VW dealer.

shefwhite
17-12-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm a little confused:confused:
Has anyone on a Lease contract through a 3rd party leasing company been issued with a hire car after 16 weeks? Or is it only applicable to those who "purchase" the car through a dealer?
I ordered my CC in early September through a leasing company so 16 weeks is rapidly approaching!
I imagine I'm the same as everyone else, I just want the car! But, if I'm entitled to some form of compensation, i'll take it.

Hi My order was through a 3rd Party broker, Your Fleet in Leeds. Have had a courtesy car for the last 2 weeks and until car arrives next week!

IanRG
17-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi My order was through a 3rd Party broker, Your Fleet in Leeds. Have had a courtesy car for the last 2 weeks and until car arrives next week!

Is the hire car through VW or the lease company. Just wondering who I need to go after?

Thanks.

shefwhite
17-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Is the hire car through VW or the lease company. Just wondering who I need to go after?

Thanks.

Organised through the Lease Company but VW are the hirer!

IanRG
20-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Spoke to my lease company today, like most I'm really frustrated with the lack of info. I ordered my CC 140 GT in white & Truffle Leather in the first week in September so the elusive 16 week barrier is this/next week.
I made a proposal to the lease rep. "ask VW if they will throw in the MDI option for free and I won't go after them for a hire car". That to me sounds like a good deal! a hire car for at least 6/8 weeks or a £110 option on the car which, probably actually costs VW less than a quarter of the option cost.
Lets see what they say?

ednaroad
20-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Spoke to my lease company today, like most I'm really frustrated with the lack of info. I ordered my CC 140 GT in white & Truffle Leather in the first week in September so the elusive 16 week barrier is this/next week.
I made a proposal to the lease rep. "ask VW if they will throw in the MDI option for free and I won't go after them for a hire car". That to me sounds like a good deal! a hire car for at least 6/8 weeks or a £110 option on the car which, probably actually costs VW less than a quarter of the option cost.
Lets see what they say?

If your request gets the ok just don't add it to the factory order or your build will restart from scratch! Good luck.

cullinp
21-12-2010, 12:19 AM
My personal frustration is that my order was placed with VW at the end of Aug. Therefore I'm now eligible for the Hire Car. My lease company asked for my licence etc and told me to expect a call within 72hrs.

I heard nothing until last Thursday when my Lease chap called. He informed that VW were in crisis meetings over meeting the demand for hire cars. He said that his dealer had been told their strategy is now to change message and state that ELIGIBILITY FOR THE HIRE CAR IS 16 WEEKS FROM THE ORDER ACCEPTANCE AT THE FACTORY!

This pushes my eligibility back to the 11th Jan and you can you can imagine leaves me very frustrated.

The feeling from my lease company and dealer is by upsetting a number of customers with this approach, they may lose some orders and relieve some of the pressure their facing.

I'm going to contact VW directly tomorrow and see what I can find out from the horse's call centre!

P.S. Do I have any idea when my car will even be built?........................More chance of seeing a rotund jolly fella coming down my chimney on Friday night!! ;)

Scooby-Doo
21-12-2010, 11:04 AM
I've spoken to VW CS last week to see if they could get my car built any earlier than week 7 and it was a definite NO.all they could do was to get me something better than my current FOX.To be honest I've reached the point now that I don't really give a fu** when I get the car as I've lost all interest unfortunately.Nine months wait :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

IanRG
21-12-2010, 06:35 PM
If your request gets the ok just don't add it to the factory order or your build will restart from scratch! Good luck.

Yeah, thats what lease company told me. will probably just go for the hire car option to be honest.

I have had new cars with loooooooooooooooooooong lead times before, but this seems to be taking the pi$$! I honestly cannot believe the mess VW are in with the CC.

The lease company sent my order No through on 28th of October (this year before anyone asks!!!) so 16 weeks from then puts me at mid/end of Feb! What a joke!

ednaroad
21-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Yeah, thats what lease company told me. will probably just go for the hire car option to be honest.

I have had new cars with loooooooooooooooooooong lead times before, but this seems to be taking the pi$$! I honestly cannot believe the mess VW are in with the CC.

The lease company sent my order No through on 28th of October (this year before anyone asks!!!) so 16 weeks from then puts me at mid/end of Feb! What a joke!

Its not just the CC, the whole VAG group can't deliver anything on time. I bet their Xmas cards arrive in July!