PDA

View Full Version : big lack of power audi A3 1.8t quattro

TheFan46
21-09-2010, 03:34 PM
hi there i own an S-reg A3 1.8t quattro it's done 198k had one owner from new with full audi service history. but i've started having a right nightmare with it:1zhelp:
it has a big lack of power between 2.5k and 5k. when you give it some beans it picks up realy well up to 2.5k then it goes flat like the boost pressure has dropped off then it starts to pick up a bit better after 5k.
i've changed the recirq valve and checked the turbo actuator but it's made no difference what so ever i can't see any obvious problems with the intercooler or boost pipe work, checked the turbo for any wear but thats fine to the turbo was replaced by the previous owner at an audi dealers up north somewere abotu 7k ago.i'm really stuck with it i've thought about sticking the diagnostic kit from work onto it but as there is no engine warning lights comeing on i dont think it will highlight any problems?
any advise is welcome as i'm ready to burn it lol:zx11:
cheers in advance joe.

sayer88
16-10-2010, 08:59 PM
hi mate i had same problem while back i was told to try this, unplug the MAF sensor and take her for a little spin and see if it boosts through the rev range. i did this and it worked so i replaced the MAF and ran like a dream.

hope that works mate.
Dan

MK4 GOLF GTI TURBO, AUM, KO4, SILICONE INTAKE, N249 BYPASS, CUSTOM K04 RE-MAP (@ R-TECH PERFORMANCE) 220BHP