PDA

View Full Version : MP3 - artist name?

ell
20-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Hi guys,

I have recently updated the mp3s on my SD card but since doing this the mmi now only shows track names and not the artist. I tried changing the mmi settings to read the file name but that didn't make any difference.

I export all my tracks from itunes (drag and drop into the SD card) which has recently updated to version 10, maybe that could have something to do with it???

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

MFGF
21-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi guys,

I have recently updated the mp3s on my SD card but since doing this the mmi now only shows track names and not the artist. I tried changing the mmi settings to read the file name but that didn't make any difference.

I export all my tracks from itunes (drag and drop into the SD card) which has recently updated to version 10, maybe that could have something to do with it???

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

If memory serves, the MMI will read both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags, but if both are present the data in the ID3v2 tags takes precedence. It may be that iTunes has both track and artist names encoded as v1 but just track names encoded as v2? It's probably worth downloading an MP3 tagging utility to check/edit the tags - I think there are a few free ones available on the web.

Cheers!

MF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pitch3110
21-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Mine are saved on the PC as Artist-ablbum-tracks.
Perhaps if you just copy the artist file rather than the tracks it may work. It has with mine.

Ta
Pitch

ell
22-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Thank you both for your advice. I have managed to sort it using "Multi ID3 Tag Editor". Changing the ID3 tags didn't make any difference but using the multi rename tool I renamed all the file names to include the artist and song title and now both appear on the mmi. :D

Thanks again!