PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mark V Cd Changer Cd stuck

tdw
15-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi,
I just bought a cd changer to fit into the armrest for my golf mark V last week from some VW breakers. It works fine but it doesn't eject CD1. Is there a manual eject version? It is under warranty so I can send it back but I really need my CD. How can I get it out?

Thanks

Ben
15-06-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm assuming you know how it works? press eject, the loaded trays light up and you select the tray to unload.

Apparently if you hold down the eject button for 3 secs i think (hold longer if needed) it automatically ejects all loaded discs one at a time. this may work if button 1 is faulty?

Please post any detailed manual eject instruction you learn of and i'll add this post to the audio thread.

Ben

tdw
15-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi,
Yeah I ejected all the other CDs fine its just number 1. It makes a whirring noice like its moving and the button just flashes. I'll try holding the eject button.

Thanks

Ben
15-06-2007, 11:12 AM
ok. Please also could you detail as you fitted this unit your self, if there are any fixings or mounting points to aid instalation or removal, or does the cd unit just drop in the slot in the arm rest?

Does it have a model number or product code on it so further info could be researched / googled?

If there are fixings, would a couple of pics be possible?

Thanks

tdw
15-06-2007, 11:14 AM
As the car had a CD Changer previously this one just slotted in straight away, just connected the cable. Not quite sur how to take it out without damaging the car or the unit, probably need a flat screwdriver and patience.

tdw
15-06-2007, 11:16 AM
This picture was posted by Flash in my other thread:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/quailallstar/P1010204.jpg

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10110

That is exactly how my fitting is.

Ben
15-06-2007, 11:20 AM
ok. Now i've seen that pic I remember that i have already linked to that thread as no.5 in the audio thread. This thread is now no.6

tdw
21-06-2007, 03:10 PM
The CD Changer is working again weirdly. I had the car switched off and pressed eject and it ejected fine. I have trying it constantly and it seems to be ok.

I told the company I bought it from that it was dodgy, first he asked if I had put 2 CDs into number 1, then he tried to blame it on a copied CD which it isn't. He did in the end agree to take it back but it works now and I don't want to send it back and then have to pay for postage again to have it returned. I am a bit worried about sticking CDs into the first cd tray now just incase I dont get it back!

Ben
21-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Glad you got the cd out.

For disc 1 either make up a cd of your own that will live in the car permanently or use one of someone elses;) (the other half). that way you'll not need to worry about it if it gets stuck.

neileg
22-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Glad you got the cd out.

For disc 1 either make up a cd of your own that will live in the car permanently or use one of someone elses;) (the other half). that way you'll not need to worry about it if it gets stuck.
Or put a pancake in slot 1 ;)