PDA

View Full Version : Question Raising suspension in B7 A4 Avant quattro

richthevet
19-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying an A4 Avant 2.0L or 3.0L Tdi Quattro. In my work I have to go down the occasional farm track or through fields and am concerned about scrapping the underside - was a problem in my previous car - BMW 3 Series.
Ideally I would get an A4 Allroad but the 2nd hand prices haven't fallen low enough yet, (and the engine blew up on the beemer so I've got to change cars ahead of schedule :zx11: but at least it means I can back in an audi :D) so I'm thinking about the feasibility of raising the suspension on an ordinary A4, probably by the same amount that the Allroad is raised over the A4 which is 37mm. Has anyone got any experience with this? Or any comments? I'm aware that there would be a deterioration in the handling but could potentially fit stiffer springs to reduce the body roll?

James05
20-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Might be worth checking what your insurance company would think about such a mod first...
I know you can get lift kits for a various 4x4's but I've never seen any advertised for normal cars.

Interesting idea and to be honest with you I would have thought that the amount of time and money you would spend achieving your goal you might just as well as buy the Allroad in the first place ?

bez101
20-09-2010, 10:22 AM
the SE looks to hight to start with jackin it up that much would look kinda silly

BMurr
27-11-2010, 10:50 PM
I've thought about doing this myself too. I love the a4 allroad looks and I believe it doesn't have the complication of the a6 allroad air suspension. It would look a bit odd without some of those body styling cues, some plastic wheel arches should make it look the part. Hopefullyt someone will come up with a kit, otherwise I'll wait till the allroad priuces drop in a couple of years.