PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI SE Start Problem

jcc1501
19-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi Guys,

I have Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI SE which has recently developed a start problem. Basically upon start it misfires frequently. When this happens I kill the ignition and try again. I have found that if I start the car with the throttle fully open it will often then start with only a brief judder. Once its actually running it is as smooth as can be and is fine until it comes to starting again.. No fault at all is shown on the dash.

Any suggestions as to the fault? I am guessing a fuel mixture problem maybe a sensor, or faulty distributor.:confused:

Thanks,

Jim

A4 Lad
17-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Hi Guys,

I have Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI SE which has recently developed a start problem. Basically upon start it misfires frequently. When this happens I kill the ignition and try again. I have found that if I start the car with the throttle fully open it will often then start with only a brief judder. Once its actually running it is as smooth as can be and is fine until it comes to starting again.. No fault at all is shown on the dash.

Any suggestions as to the fault? I am guessing a fuel mixture problem maybe a sensor, or faulty distributor.:confused:

Thanks,

Jim

For starters your DIESEL does not have a distributor as there is no spark ignition which is only on a PETROL vehicle. You have also posted in the wrong forum list as this is the FSI forum. Now that thats off my chest...... Any warning lights ? Is she hard to start when cold ? Does she smoke when she does this rough idle ? Any noises ? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk