PDA

View Full Version : Bora cabin leak (again)

Lord Nelson
15-06-2007, 10:03 AM
you may have read my thread some weeks ago about how my Bora leaked water when it rained heavily.
Well, i couldnt find the problem and it hasntleaked since, so i thought it may have been freak.
But no, during the middle of yesterdays downpour, i got in my car to find that it was leaking badly again, but i had caught the problem and could see where it was coming from.
It turns out that the seal at the top of the windscreen was distorted and the water was getting through there, on both sides, though more on the drivers side. So, because it is still raining and i dont have anywhere under cover, i simply taped a piece of plastic bag around the area (ensuring not to block the drainage) until i can get it sealed properly.
this has worked a treat because it has be pouring down all night and the leaking area inside is still bone dry....Result!!!

so, i can only put this down to a replacement windscreen not being installed correctly, or manufacturer error. BUT AT LEAST I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!

:beerchug:

Boardboy
16-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Glad to hear you have found it. I hate water leaking in to cars!!
Regards Boardboy

Fizzbitt
02-07-2007, 02:06 PM
I have heard a few people say that their Bora's have leaked. Seems to be a common fault although i have never heard the source being located.

Good to see you were able to fix yours.

Ben
02-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Have you still got the plastic bag taped on your car or have you had it fixed properly. If so what came to light?

Fizzbitt
03-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Was having a chat to a mechanical electrictian this morning and mentioned to him that i have bought a Bora.

He said the only tip he could give me was to check under the carpet in the passenger side footwell/under the seat as water will build up there if there is a leak. The problem is that there is a load of electronic equipment under the seat as well which is an issue as water sits next to it.

When i asked him where is the common place that the water comes in he mentioned that most of the time it runs from the near side of the enginebay from the pollen filter down into the car.

Im due to have a full service on mine so i better tell them that i am aware of this issue and that i would like them to ensure the pollen filter is replaced and put back in place as tight as possible.

Hope this info helps to those who have this leak... :)

Lord Nelson
06-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Sorry for the late reply, been on holiday,

as a temporary fix to the leaking window situation, i used blue-tac (yes, blue-tac) to fill the dodgy seal. it has worked a treat as i left my car in a car park for a week (in the rain) and it was still bone dry when i got back to it!