PDA

View Full Version : 13 Weeks, Not too bad!

Berisford
18-09-2010, 04:54 PM
My dealer tells me my 1.6 BMT DSG Match is in the country. That's 13 weeks from placing the order, not too bad as I was expecting November.

mproudfoot
18-09-2010, 07:46 PM
That's really quite impressive given some if the lead times reported earlier in the year. Hope mine arrives on schedule or earlier as i need to hand my current one back in 2 weeks.

donmac68
19-09-2010, 02:50 AM
I have been waiting since mid May..and still nothing...been told my build week was about a month ago....if i had known it was going to take this long i might have seriously considered another make.
I wonder if its because i am getting it through Motability...

Scruffy
30-09-2010, 05:08 PM
After ordering mine on 4 June through 'Drive the Deal' with a 'scheduled' build date of week 38, I was told today that I now have a confirmed build date of week 41, with delivery to the dealer "hopefully" the week commencing 8 November. (I had also previously been given a revised 'scheduled' build week of 40.)

I called them last Friday for an update, to be told the computer system was down & she would call me back Monday - I chased them today. Another case of poor customer services.

Surely, if they provide an indicated build date and then become aware that it has slipped, they should be calling me to break the news and not waiting for me to have to check with them? :zx11:

Berisford
30-09-2010, 06:50 PM
My dealer tells me my 1.6 BMT DSG Match is in the country. That's 13 weeks from placing the order, not too bad as I was expecting November.

Picked it up today, 1.6 BMT DSG, Tornado Red, Park Assist, Camera, Luxury, Storage and Winter packs, Fogs, Paddle Steering Wheel and Flat Tyre thingy.

I think I can see why some owners are not getting the MPG they expected, it's like a young Boxer dog, wanting the rush about and play all time! :D

Not too sure about the stop-start device, can be a nuisance in traffic, though I've picked up a little routine at traffic lights, if I think the wait will be minimal, by easing off the brake a little just before we stop and just applying enough to stop the car rolling, the engine carries on, pushing the pedal down a little more and the engine stops. Not sure how that squares with the clutch though.

Biggest concern with it is when, for instance, stopping on my drive, I pull on and stop, the engine also stops, but when I put the lever into 'Park' the engine starts again! I'm sure I'll find a routine that fits.

But, first impressions are good. I like it. :D