PDA

View Full Version : 2011 - Integrated Bluetooth Connectivity (9W7)

cullinp
17-09-2010, 07:21 PM
As reported by another member of the forum who took delivery of his CC this week, VW seem to have done away with the rebadged Bury car kit and are finally installing the 9W7 module which provides the following benefit/function over the previous option.

A2DP - Stream music from your mobile device via bluetooth through you car's stereo
Voice Command - self explanatory
MFD Integration - control your bluetooth enabled phone, make calls, receive calls, access phonebook via the car's multi function display.

It has to be stressed that there is no official confirmation from VW themselves on this, I had my own lease company speak to VW today to enquire about my own CC due in November and received the following response,

"We have had no confirmation of this yet and have a mixture of both that have arrived into stock (although this could be a mix of model 2010/11 years). We will know more shortly and will come back to you so you can advise your customer."

The chap on the forum who was very happy to receive the upgraded bluetooth system ordered a standard car apart from an upgrade to the RNS510 and Dynaudio. At present I haven't been able to confirm with anyone in the UK who has received a 100% standard 2011 CC.

A quick search on the net will clearly show you that this is a move for the majority of VW models in 2011, although the majority of evidence available comes from US sources.

The chaps at my lease company has promised to advise me of any more info as it becomes available. What I'd ask is that anyone that has anything to add to the debate, especially if you've recd a UK spec car in the last week or two or are due to over the coming months update us via the thread.

Cheers.

Paul.

Scooby-Doo
17-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Whilst looking through the VW used cars earlier today came across a Passat CC in the "coming soon" section which was a 60 plate and you can see that it had RNS 310 fitted and no sign of the "bury"unit or the tray mounted bluetooth system.It was listed as having Sat Nav and Bluetooth system.Can't remember which dealer had it though,there were only 5 cars in the section so it shouldn't be hard to spot,it was Black.

cullinp
17-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Well spotted Mr Doo......was it this one?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/Cullinp/Screenshot2010-09-17at220516.pnghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/Cullinp/Screenshot2010-09-17at220533.png

Scooby-Doo
17-09-2010, 11:39 PM
That's the one.

thax1
19-09-2010, 06:45 PM
http://askavwsalesguy.com/2010/09/08/control-your-ios-4-1-device-via-9w7-voice-commands-iphoneipod-touch/

Ooh, I'll have to give this a try.
The drawback of A2DP is it really just works as a cable-replacement, just like plugging into the aux socket, so I've been using the MDI instead.

The above link looks like this will now allow a limited degree of playback control, via voice.

m3-fast
20-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Whilst looking through the VW used cars earlier today came across a Passat CC in the "coming soon" section which was a 60 plate and you can see that it had RNS 310 fitted and no sign of the "bury"unit or the tray mounted bluetooth system.It was listed as having Sat Nav and Bluetooth system.Can't remember which dealer had it though,there were only 5 cars in the section so it shouldn't be hard to spot,it was Black.

Top find Scooby!

Very positive news, looks like us RNS310 drivers may get fully integrated Bluetooth also.

Really looking forward to the car arriving now (even if it is the missus' car) and hope it lives up to expectations!

cullinp
23-09-2010, 07:26 PM
In another thread, a chap called Jon is taking delivery of his new CC today and has promised to report back on the Bluetooth situation in his new car.

He has been promised by the dealer that it will be fully integrated with the RNS310 radio system.

jonofsaj
26-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi Paul... I tried to reply via my I phone but it looks like it did not get through:confused: However the great news is that my CC arrived with the RNS510 unit and has fully integrated bluetooth ... All singing and all dancing dvd sat nav. Car is absolutely fantastic to drive and looks stunning in white although my guess is that this buggy look great whatever the colour. Like you said about statements Paul, My wife and myself have always had a thing about black cars on the driveway and she gave me a dirty look when i said i'd ordered white.9483

Scooby-Doo
26-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Very nice,white looks really good with 18" alloys.Did you order it with RNS510 ??

The house doesn't look too bad either.

m3-fast
27-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Car looks great in white - really suits it and loving the panoramic roof!

The RNS510 is a bonus too ;)

Scooby-Doo
27-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Did you order it with RNS510 ??
Sorry, just seen your other post.That was a nice surprise having the RNS510 for free,hope I'm lucky as well.

jonofsaj
30-09-2010, 07:42 AM
H chaps,

I did not order the rns510 and was not aware that it was an upgrade, however, very glad that it did arrive with this system. The weird thing for me is that the local VW garage in Dundee told me it would defo be compatible without asking what system I was actually getting which suggests to me that it may now be standard but not 100% sure.

Scooby-Doo
30-09-2010, 09:03 AM
without asking what system I was actually getting which suggests to me that it may now be standard but not 100% sure
Being the sceptic I think that the reply you got was salesman talk for-"I haven't got a clue,really,and if I give you the answer you want you'll go away"