PDA

View Full Version : World series by renault - Donnington Park festival

Eshrules
15-06-2007, 08:48 AM
anybody attending this? its in september and the best part is.... its free! :D got my 4 complimentary tickets this morning

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/championships/worldseries/news/story.asp?ArticleID=1424

Ben
15-06-2007, 09:32 AM
I've just applied for 4 tickets too.:approve:

I thought it strange thet you could still fill in your details for events expired.:confused:

The Muts Nuts
15-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Ordered. This was a cracking day out last year, the sound of the Formula Rens was amazing.

Eshrules
15-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Ordered. This was a cracking day out last year, the sound of the Formula Rens was amazing.

its my first time... could you enlighten me a bit as to how it works? is it a 2 day event and how are the events spread out etc? is there much to spend cash on?

The Muts Nuts
16-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Its a saturday/sunday event i believe tho i was working the saturday which if i remember is qualifying.
Events are spread out evenly, you get a while to wander round garages ect and take pics, tho half the pit crews are foreign which can be interesting!
Theres plenty to spend cash on, and they may even give you the nearly useless fm radio to listen to Renault Radio! Its great for a free event, and the food from the vans is good to.

Ben
17-06-2007, 10:54 AM
could this be the first ever VWAF spur of the moment convenience meet?

We could start a sister forum ww.VWAF-WAGS.com tag line - 'dedicated to the other half'

Ben
27-06-2007, 07:21 PM
my tickets arrived today:D

Nezmond
28-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Got mine the other day, should be a good day out!! Not bad for a freebie:D

Mrsteve
28-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Just applied myself, sounds like a decent day out, and not toooooo far from me :D

Eshrules
28-06-2007, 05:15 PM
i think i might actually make a weekend of it, being a full weekend event, might be nice to find a local camp site, if anyone else would like to do the same, i can enquire if you would like and see if i can swing a discount for forum members?

leckford
28-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks guys, Just spotted this thread and applied for some tickets for me and my mates, very excited, pity about the wait! :D

Quick question for those of you who been before, couldn't find much info from the various sites i looked at about facilities at donington park, i've not been there before (actually i spend most of my life in south africa) so i'm alittle bit unsure about what you can take in with you - booze, food, fold out chair-wise etc, and whats a good / bad idea.:1zhelp: any tips would be great i helping me make a good day out fantastic

cheers :beerchug:
Laurence

Eshrules
28-06-2007, 07:33 PM
i've just looked on ebay and im disgusted to see people are selling these tickets for up to a tenner a piece, how on earth can eBay let this happen?

<furiously types complaint email>

<click send - eBay>