PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder Heads

nmd001
16-09-2010, 10:21 PM
I have a problem with the cylinder head on my A8 3L V6 TDI Engine Code ASB and could be looking for 2 new cylinder heads.

My question is will cylinder heads from BUG or CARA be the same part sine both these engines are the same 171kW / 232PS / 229BHP.

Also would cylinder heads from any other engine could be the same; eg CAP, CCW, CDY, CASA, CCMA.

Thanks in advance!

a8 tech
16-09-2010, 10:29 PM
you cant use bug or the newer cara codes but please explain the problem as having repaired a8 since its launch I have never yet replaced or found a problem with the cylinder heads even high mileage engines don't suffer from any know concerns in fact the only real issue is the manifold swirl chamber flaps and the right bank timing chain tensioner

nmd001
17-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the response.

I'm just preparing for the worst, I suspect that it is only the gasket that need replacing and heads needing skimmed. I will know better when I get someone to look at it.

Regarding my original question - is there any other engine code that would have the same part?

The reason I ask is that i have been quoted £2800 for 2 new cylinder heads at Audi dealer (that is cost price excluding profit).