PDA

View Full Version : GOLF 1.4 tsi gt Cat overheat.

Popey
14-06-2007, 10:23 PM
I have a new 1.4 TSI GT which I found to have server signs of the alternator and exhaust sensor wiring loom overheating at the point where it crosses the exhaust manifold.
The car is with the dealer, who has not got a clue to why this loom has become damaged along with some air conditioning hoses and the twin cooling fan unit!
The dealer seems to thick the catalyst is over heating, for some reason, but says this is a fault that they have never seen before!
Has anyone heard of a similar fault?
And what was its cause?

LimEs
14-06-2007, 10:45 PM
As a fellow TSI GT driver (not many of us I think), can't say I have heard of this.
Someone at the factory maybe had an off day?
Good luck with it though.
Regards

RickT
14-06-2007, 11:47 PM
I have a new 1.4 TSI GT which I found to have server signs of the alternator and exhaust sensor wiring loom overheating at the point where it crosses the exhaust manifold.
The car is with the dealer, who has not got a clue to why this loom has become damaged along with some air conditioning hoses and the twin cooling fan unit!
The dealer seems to thick the catalyst is over heating, for some reason, but says this is a fault that they have never seen before!
Has anyone heard of a similar fault?
And what was its cause?

I have not had the chance to look at one of the TSI as yet..

but how close is the loom to the cat?? is it on the outside of the heat sheild i take it??

RicKT