PDA

View Full Version : Please Help No Cigar Lighter and ashtray light

esse_esse
14-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Hi All

a couple of days ago I noticed that my cigar lighter/ashtray light was not on when the lights were turned on. I am wondering whether it is just the bulb that requires changing or it is a blown fuse

If it is a bulb how do I get to it?

If it is a fuse which and where is it?

I know it does not sound like a big issue but for me small things are.....So anyone please help

Thanks

Esse

RicardoA4Sline
14-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Very bizarrely I noticed exactly the same with mine last night when sneaking into McD's without the Mrs knowing

I assume that if all the other lights are on normally then it should just be a bulb that's gone

martin1810
14-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Sounds daft but you may have to go to a dealer. The bulb is built into the lighter socket. You need to get the socket out to get to the bulb. Getting the socket out is not easy.

esse_esse
15-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Sounds daft but you may have to go to a dealer. The bulb is built into the lighter socket. You need to get the socket out to get to the bulb. Getting the socket out is not easy.

Ahhh I see thanks at least then I won't have to fork out a fortune to get it doe as it will only be the cost of the bulb

RicardoA4Sline
15-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Can't imagine it being too much of an issue removing the socket, I have fitted a hands free kit to mine and the side panels of the centre console release with just one bolt further up, then slide the side cover off. the socket should be a pop to release unit I would have thought.

May investigate when I have time, not priority though as its not like it really does anything, but is handy for trying to find the coppers I have rolling in the ashtray space :)